In a dilemma!

Im not really sure what to do so thought Id ask on here for peoples opinions.

As some of you may know I own a 1995 ST205 track car and a virtually standard 1996 ST205 in the rare dark green colour.

Today I was giving the green one a really good interior clean up as I was going to sell it in a few months once the turbo has been replaced and MOT'd/Taxed.

However it got me thinking as to whether or not to actually keep the green one and sell the silver one instead!

The silver one iv owned for about 5 1/2 years and have slowly built it to where it is now, now I know that I won't get the money it should as a whole car as it'll be worth far more in bits but im not breaking up a car when theres nothing wrong with it, I may de-mod it if theres a big enough call on the parts.

So do Iv nailed my options down to four things!

1. Keep the silver one and sell the green as originally planned.

2. Keep the green one and sell the silver one, probably keep it standard-ish but won't go as extreme as the other car.

3. Sell both and find another ST205 thats running big power etc

4. Sell both and buy something different, Supra, GTR, Evo etc.

Keeping both cars is not an option, in an ideal world thats what Id do!!

Whats people's opinions on the situation and would anyone be interested in either of the faffs?!

What you got?

Off top of me head:

Mongoose catback

2.75" SRB decat

Blitz ecu

Manual boost controller

Straight intake with Green filter

Battery relocation to where airbox was

Custom FMIC pipe run (clocked)

Evo 6 FMIC

HKS SSQV

Helix organic clutch

Yellow stuff pads

KYB Excel G shocks

TRD springs

TRD topmounts

Rota GRA 17" alloys with Michellin Pilot 3's

Cusco 6 point bolt in cage

Cobra Daytona seats on ST205 frames

Sparco 3 point harnesses

Custom harness bar

MOMO steering wheel + boss

HKS boost gauge

WRC raiser blocks

Think thats about it!

Green is a super rare and lovely colour but then you think of the money and effort invested in the silver one.

Not a easy choice to make

Exactly my problem mate,

I know what ever I do il end up regretting that decision!!

I know!

The green one would be fantastic on the road but not upto the sort of track work that im doing but on the other hand the silver ones a bit hardcore for road use really but great on track, what I want really is both rolled into one but since thats not going to happen im a bit stuck!

Think il stick with the original plan of advertizing the green one when its ready and see what interest there is for it and then go from there :)

i dont think its a choice of which car to keep its more about what you want to use it for

if you want to drive to and from work take the mrs out and do the trip to the shops then its obvious to keep the standard green one

if you really want to get into track time circuit racing and sprints then keep the silver one

unfortunately there is no compromise between the 2 because you will always be wanting less in the car if your racing because you will always want that extra edge but for the comforts you will always want more

there is no one without the other so if the option isnt there to keep both then the choice boils down to your use

Well most of the use comes on the track with the odd run out.

I think im going to put the green one up for sale and see what happens, its not going for peanuts though!

Heres some pics of it, it does clean up really well,almost goes a petrol blue when polished up.

100_1039.jpg

100_1040.jpg

100_1041.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.