Exhaust manifold turbo studs - non-celica matches?

digs

Hi, to add to my many questions....

I need longer manifold to turbo studs for my st185 manifold to ct26 turbo due to having to use a spacer between.

Looking for m10 1.25 47mm+

Now... Nissan 200sx have the right ones, ordered some but delivery not arrived in time. Can visit a breakers yard tomorrow, so while I am there, anyone got any knowledge of other jap cars with a longer manifold stud I can check??!! Celica is about 37mm.

Bit of a long shot!

It's only if I can grab some physically tomorrow, as more are being sent in the post so don't need to order any online.

Thanks if anyone has encyclopaedic knowledge... :)

You could use bolts or a length of threaded bar.

Just watch the lead of the thread once you’ve cut the bolt or bar, the best way is to put a nut on then cut down the side of the nut then file the end of the new stud with a slight chamfer and then when you wind the nut off it will help clean up and damaged thread this will help the new stud thread in to the manifold or head.

If you tighten 2 nuts together on the end of the stud you can use these to wind the stud into the manifold or head with out damaging the stud especially if you use treaded bar. Dorris

Edited by Dorris

Brilliant, thanks. Need to go down this route as cant in the right studs anywhere , the ones I ordered ended up being course any way even though I said I needed fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.