irritations? Is Anusol the answer?

daytona

Probably not in my case.

Fond as I am of the KU55ed one, one thing that REEEEALLY gets on my wick is WHY after putting in nice comfy 2 tone leather seats, nicely trimmed doors and wheel did they leave that horrible low grade plastic monstrosity of a center console with, in particular that flimsy whimsy storage compartment cover smack bang in the middle of the dash so pathetic it could be blown away by an angels f*rt?

Has anyone tried covering the whole shebang in leather to match the seats or doors & with what results?

What irritates you and why?

Yeah, have thought of that and it's a possibility. I saw a "How to" thread on it a couple of weeks back. Just wondered if anyone had covered it to match the light or dark grey leather from the seats. I like leather ....and before you start I'm talkin 2 shades of grey not 50 so put the whip down!

I tried covering the whole lot in Alcantara for someone and it was, frankly, an awful task! :( The finish left a lot to be desired too.

In hindsight, the best way to do it would be to use lots of sections sewn together, rather than trying to do it using a single piece (like I tried to do). I know the guy I did it for was less than enthused with the end result. :(

It was certainly not my finest hour. Part of the problem was that the size of all the parts increased by the thickness of the material, so everything became a very snug fit - upon refitting, there ended up being some movement in the Alcantara and it ended up looking crap in places. :(

One way around that would be to reduce the size of the original parts by the relevant amount. If you imagine the Gen 7 central fascia, for example, you'd look to remove 1mm of plastic from every single edge in a bid to ensure that the fit was spot-on once it was all trimmed.

It was intended to draw answers as to what irritates you about your own car, but give a few modders an idea about how to tidy an interior and they will run with that bit for hours! lol

In that case:

The velcro pull-down mirror flaps on the sun visors (on the pre-face lift 7's). Clearly an after thought.

is that on the preface 7?!?

:lol: I've got one of them on my Yaris!! :lol:

I actually lol'd when I first saw it

Edited by InsolentMinx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.