What is this and what does it do?

digs

As title, 3sfe engine but in general as I am sure it is a general item. Pipe that pushes air, not sucking, from head into air intake pre throttle bottle.

Assuming it is recyling something, but anyone give me a nod to what it is and does specifically? Reason being wandering if with turbo still fine to fit into the pipes pre throttle body/post intercooler.

Thanks!

3sfequestion.png

It's an engine breather, what it does is chuck horrible oily air back into your inlet so it can gunge-up your IACV.

Run it to an oil catch can with a fancy little filter on it.

Your IACV will thank you. :)

It's an engine breather, what it does is chuck horrible oily air back into your inlet so it can gunge-up your IACV.

Run it to an oil catch can with a fancy little filter on it.

Your IACV will thank you. :)

Thank you. Cool, will do just that! thanks again :)

Ok, another query :)

If I plumbed this back in, should it go before the turbo to avoid the pressure post turbo stopping it actually escaping? If I vent it with a filter, will that be an mot fail on emissions.....?

Cheers :D

Logically it would go pre turbo, as the pressure in the air inlet needs to be lower for it to work and post turbo might result in air being forced the wrong way into the cam covers.

The MoT guys only check emissions from the exhaust and removing the input of manky oily gasses will only improve the exhaust emissions. :D

Wot he said ^^ ! :)

Given the amount of oil you tend to seen in inlet pipes though, I really would go with a catch can as opposed to plumbing it back in.

Even ST205 inlets usually have a little oily puddle in them & they have a basic catch can (albeit one that vents air back into the inlet & drains back into the block) as standard.

If you go for a catch can with a return to the inlet make sure it's baffled so the oil has the chance to drop out of suspension. I'd get the same for one running to a filter too TBH.

Thanks, will make sure get one that does, something that delays the air going back out you mean by forcing it around it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.