eBay find....

DGZ

The S looks like it's been cut from this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-S-BADGE-CHROME-SELF-ADHESIVE-GREAT-LOOK-NEW-/251080334958?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a758dde6e

Do not like the bonnet spoilers... looks ridiculous. The car looks well aside from that, and the weird flares on the front and rear arches... but... saying it's a TRD Celica when it clearly isn't...

Also, my insurance company on the new quote section says...

Registration: PA05HVL Manufacturer: TOYOTA Model: CELICA VVT-I T SPORT Model Year: 2005 Transmission: Manual Engine Size: 1800

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call mine a TRD t sport because its a t sport with TRD skirts valance and spoiler on. Not because I claim it is a TRD model. The only reason I don't have the TRD front lip or bumper is cost.

You are right, this guy has gone a bit far tho, I have tried callin him to express an 'interest' :lol:

I used to refer to my TRD kitted 190 as a TRD-190 Celica for the same reasons as you but got too much stick for it from my mates so to shut em up u went and bought a real one lol. :D

It looks like a Porsche boxster S badge to me.

That's what I had in mind (had just seen the Boxster S wheeler dealers episode) but now I think it's slightly different.

What a loser! People like that piss me off because some person who has no idea of Celica is going to buy that car thinking its a TRD edition. Sellers like that fall into the same group of bellends who advertise 140s as 190s!!!

I may of dropped him a message asking how its a TRD edtion when clearly its a Eurospec TSport. Also asked what mods have been done to achieve 210bhp. Waiting a response.

When I come to power sellers like this one will be punished and fined for their actions

Couldn't agree more, there's also a lagoon blue 140 on AutoTrader at the moment labelled as a T Sport. Even has a VVTi badge, with cloth interior and 16" wheels. Even if its an accident people should be more bloody careful.

Lets see if the guy gets back to you :D

He did get back to me, he said he took the car in as part ex and the information in the ad was supplied by the prev owner. He now wants me to give him some advice on how to advertise it...

Hmm seems my email back fired. I was hoping to get him all riled up not for him to ask for help lol

He did get back to me, he said he took the car in as part ex and the information in the ad was supplied by the prev owner. He now wants me to give him some advice on how to advertise it...

Hmm seems my email back fired. I was hoping to get him all riled up not for him to ask for help lol

Tell him if you say 'I'm a clot' slowly its sounds like 'gullible'

Lol, sorry about that!

I'll have to find out where he is, I've got an old 1.4 Astra ready for the scrapper, maybe I can pass it off as a super special VXR edition :)

Okay... so you guys... here's what you do.

You email him back, and you say - "There's a young squire on Celica Club that goes by the name of Rob. He's a valiant young chap who would be happy to take this fake TRD Celica off your hands for a grand total of a whole two hundred and fifty thousand Great British pence."

:dance:

Okay... so you guys... here's what you do.

You email him back, and you say - "There's a young squire on Celica Club that goes by the name of Rob. He's a valiant young chap who would be happy to take this fake TRD Celica off your hands for a grand total of a whole two hundred and fifty thousand Great British pence."

:dance:

:rolleyes:

It's worth much more than yours rob! :dance:

Ok so the guy took it as p/x and was spun a yarn by the previous owner which he took as gospel and now has prob realised his error. Hardly warrants some of the stuff above does it. Now what if someone purchased the car and came on here? Would we kindly inform him about what his car is or rip the piss and say its worth £250??

I think not being the friendliest club an all. I think the car is quite nice just wrongly described by a trader who doesn't know much about Celica's.

I think I'm gettin old...

:rolleyes:

It's worth much more than yours rob! :dance:

Ok so the guy took it as p/x and was spun a yarn by the previous owner which he took as gospel and now has prob realised his error. Hardly warrants some of the stuff above does it. Now what if someone purchased the car and came on here? Would we kindly inform him about what his car is or rip the piss and say its worth £250??

I think not being the friendliest club an all. I think the car is quite nice just wrongly described by a trader who doesn't know much about Celica's.

I think I'm gettin old...

eeerrrmm 250,000 pennies is £2500 i think? :(

Hahaha, yeah... it really is worth more than mine though! Not sure if it would be worth £2500 though, Glass's Guide on my car says £1275 - £2520, On that one (after I did insurance check) it said £1950-£3160!

Lovely car though, I'd pull him right down on the price though because I pick a fault with everything! :P

Hahaha, yeah... it really is worth more than mine though! Not sure if it would be worth £2500 though, Glass's Guide on my car says £1275 - £2520, On that one (after I did insurance check) it said £1950-£3160!

Lovely car though, I'd pull him right down on the price though because I pick a fault with everything! :P

I'd say it is for parts. If they're genuine that is. TRD spoiler - £300. Skirts - £200. Headlight overlays £50. Bonnet spoilers (unsure never seen them for sale). TRD Rear - £300. Sports M Scoop - £150.

So could probably pick up £1000 putting it back to standard (if parts are genuine). Then end up with a standard T-Sport with 70,000 on the clock for £2,800 :)

I'd say it is for parts. If they're genuine that is. TRD spoiler - £300. Skirts - £200. Headlight overlays £50. Bonnet spoilers (unsure never seen them for sale). TRD Rear - £300. Sports M Scoop - £150.

So could probably pick up £1000 putting it back to standard (if parts are genuine). Then end up with a standard T-Sport with 70,000 on the clock for £2,800 :)

I like your thinking MYK! I do want a TRD Spoiler though, and the kit will come a bit further down the line. Need to save up!

Its back up!

EBAY

Yeah, noticed it yesterday :D

Seriously I'd give him £3,000 if some of the (in my opinion) tackier mods could be removed without damage. Get the boot hole sorted. It's looks like a nice car otherwise! Looks like its already gaining interest though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.