exhaust bung

I have a hks silent. Nice.

Since changing the front to a 3 inch flexi and decat, its noticeably louder.

Today I did quite a bit of motorway driving and I was going crazy.

Q.

Does anyone know if the japspeed exhaust bung can reduce the deep drum?

I am assuming the back boxes are 4" same as my HKS so it should be compatible rite?

Where can I get one?

When I was looking for a bung for my Nur-Spec, I was thinking of getting an APEXi (Naturally ;) ) 'active' bung - Mine was on the car when I bought it y'see & I never got the bung.

They've sprung loaded flappy bits so they're loud when you're caning it, but quiet at lower revs.

Might be something to consider...?

(In the end I spotted a Nur-Spec bung being sold on ebay, it was brand new & had never been fitted, so for the £20 it cost me, I was well happy!).

I just bought that bung to get my car through its mot, it didnt silence the car that much and because the end of it is closed off the emissions couldnt be done with it in.

Hope this helps you.

what dobyou mean the end of it was closed? The inside bit you mean? There are some which isnt like a hole filter but just a tube like thenurspec. will that work?

I didnt know nurspec made bugs. Are they all interchangeable?

Well, my bung came from a fella who'd just bought a Nur-Spec for his Scooby. :sofa:

But yeah, from what I could see in checking, they were all the same.

I'd say this one probably even turns the tailpipe section of the silencer in to a secondary silencer if you see what I mean?

As it has holes in the center tube, whereas the Nur-Spec just has a pipe as you mention, all it's doing is stopping the sound waves bouncing around in the end section.

But I'm a brand whore* though so it had to be Blitz or better for me. :D

* Well, I am now. When a bit younger I used to buy cheaper stuff, but I want the best for my car now. B)

I would have thought the effect on performance would be negligible, as all you're really doing is making the center pipe of the exhaust 6 or so inches longer, you're not restricting the gas flow to any significant degree more than the pipe exiting the silencer (not the tail pipe trim) does anyway.

I say more than it does anyway, because if you look up your exhaust, the diameter of the pipe exiting the silencer, at least on a N/Spec is smaller than the diameter of the majority of the system. So there does appear to be some sort of reduction in size from one end of the silencer to the other.

Surely all a solid (rather than the perforated one you've linked) bung does is mean the gas & sound waves exit the smaller diameter pipe directly to atmosphere, instead of bouncing around in the 4" wide part at the end before doing so.

Edited by Adex

Hi mate.......if you need one of these, you can have my tanabe one (for cost of postage), if it fits....

I'll get the dimensions for you tomorrow if you want...

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.