Dry Cell battery

I am looking for a dry cell battery that will suit my needs, (I want to start building the enclosure for it so need the dimensions)

Other than the normal operations of the car, I will be running quite a good sound system, I dont want to go too over the top, there will only be a radio, and a couple of small amps to power.

Any recommendations as to which battery to use and where best to install it, right at the back of the boot, where the back seats used to be? somewhere else?

cheers

Nial

I had a Varley RedTop in my Mk1 MR2, it was a good battery until the bodyshop I left the car with killed it. It was a Redtop 15. Started the car fine and dandy but probably wouldn't have enough oomph for your purposes, it did tend to get discharged by the alarm etc after a couple of days.

I'd look at a much higher spec one, when I replace mine it will be a much higher spec.

As to mounting you can get mounting frames for them.

I've heard good things about Odessey batteries as well.

I had a dry cell in mine.It was fitted in the boot in front of the flap where the jack lives(check out my mod thread for pics).I eventually changed it back to a ordinary battery as the alarm would drain it if i didnt use the car for 3 or 4 days.I gave the dry cell to a mate for his camper van but still have the mounting frame if its any good to you :thumbs:

I've went for an optima yellow top - not cheap but can mount it anywhere you want, more than enough juice, and you can leave the car for 3 weeks+ turn the key and it goes no probs.

cheapest place i could source them was tayna - was only a few quid between the cheapest places.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.