I hate maths...

Live my gen 7 and having decided to keep it I thought it was time for some mods:

Ordered everything I need to lower the car

Then notice that the rust on the rear arch is getting worse, the boot seal has failed and its leaking in and the tax is due

Its probably only worth 900 and having done some maths it's 120 to tax for 6 months, 250 for the arch sorting and 80 for he lowering plus 75 for the alignment

Maths sucks.....

Now im thinking I should sell it and get a newer one taxed and get that lowered

What do you guys reckon ?

I've got a grand in savings so if I sold this (I would make the seller aware of the faults by the way) I could spend 1800 on a newer one

Or is a grand on a gen 6 gt better spent ?

Anything I get would need to be S reg or newer though so I could use my private plate

Seriously though, they're cheaper to buy, cheaper to fix (not that much really needs fixing).

Arguably better looking (possibly why toyota sold more g6's in a 4 year production run than they did g7's in nearly twice as long).

And a grand could get you a sorted ss3 (non-BEAMS) with twin-pot front brakes & an LSD.

Plenty of 'S' Reg ones about too.

And apart from the doors, they rarely rust.

Even this isn't a problem though (unless you're awkward & get a rare colour) as they un-bolt easily enough, so no big bills for spraying.

Edited by Adex

So your saying spending a grand on a Gen6 or 1800 quid on a newer Gen7 is more justifiable than the £450 on your current car? In which inevitably you'll have to spend on upkeep of whatever car you have anyway. ;)

Edited by Zorg

Road tax you'll have to pay whatever. Arch repair costs either you do or the buyer will knock off your asking price, lowering spring and alignment your choice !! Then of of course if you do sell you've got the Number plate transfer fees to pay.

So what do you do?

Stick with what you've got.

I think you should save an extra £500 add it to the £1000, flog your car and get a 190/T sport. Then lower the 190 with the stuff you have bought :) Always potential for the supercharger in the future then ;)

What he said - and he's a teacher so maths is easy for him (well, apart from earlier today when he suggested 235bhp and less than 200lb torque might be faster than 300bhp and 350lb of torque) :blink:

Yo Wayne, I've just looked up the kerb weight of the cupra and it comes in at 1450kg, compared to 1145kg for the T-sport. So because you're a bit lardy LOL when you work out bhp per ton, you come in at 206.9bhp and I come in at 205.2bhp so I think that means when we get together later this year it could be fun ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.