cheap gen 5 GT

but as we know bri ugly can be made nice thats similar to how mine was but i had dents in the front wing and rear quarter as well ;)

yeah at least you changed out all the blue horidness :D, just need to change your bumper now ;)

lol yer and then the bonnet and everything else and slam her noooootttttttttttt i love her just the way she is :D

nah only the front bumper :D

the prefacelift gen 6 looks like a basking shark but the prefacelift gen 5 looks like a wide mouthed frog :P

Edited by Briano

mainly just the seals and underneath expect to find oil all down the front and back of the engine from a leaking rocker cover but an easy job to replace but make sure you use a real toyota one from them oh and check to see if the passenger side floor is wet or damp as the matrix can go on them

i was thinking of going to look at this on saturday, and a gen6 sr in black. what do i need to look for on gen 5 and 6

tbh mate the rev 2 engine does leak oil from time to time, btu I wouldn't buy an ST or an SR with the knowledge i have.....yeah you can get those that dont burn oil but you dont know untill miles have been put on the car, by which point its too late

my gen 5 had nearly 176k on it when i let it go on the original engine and only a little leak from the rocker cover + carla has found a method to stop that leak anyways :D

If i had £300 and was looking for just a cheap reliable winter runaround then this little gen 5 would be on my list. blue interior or not ;)

looking at gen 6 sr and a st, in black both around £700. whats the difference with st and sr.

SR is basically a GT lookalike with a crap engine. only difference to an ST is sideskirts and alloys and rear spoiler

I would never pay £700 for an 7afe engined car as your gambling with your cash

Hou is sellign his really nice black GT for £800 which costs abotu the same on fuel, has more power, slightly more on insurance but you dont need to worry about the engine ever!!!

Edited by Briano

looking at gen 6 sr and a st, in black both around £700. whats the difference with st and sr.

at that price i wouldnt even bother going to look at the gen 6's, as said above there is no way of knowing you arent going to end up with an oil burner - we were careful but Kens SR soon showed up to be one with the fault :(

Dont think you could go far wrong with that gen 5

SR is basically a GT lookalike with a crap engine. only difference to an ST is sideskirts and alloys and rear spoiler

I would never pay £700 for an 7afe engined car as your gambling with your cash

Hou is sellign his really nice black GT for £800 which costs abotu the same on fuel, has more power, slightly more on insurance but you dont need to worry about the engine ever!!!

dont forget Wickies grey 6 GT as well, think that is for sale.....

are those on this forum, the sr i was looking at is on autotrader at £695. so oil burners like the pre face 140 then?

they dont get death rattle so much as they just seize.

wickie hasn't advertised his, but Hou's is in the classifed section :thumbs:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.