carbon fibre centre dash

the best way to find out is to do it. lots of guys have done this as first attempt and they have turned out really well!

There are a few guy on here do it professionally.

could always buy a spare set to try wrapping out on?

id defo give it a shot urself. i done mines, and the 1st attempt i was very suprised at how it looked, then my 2nd attempt was even better, and the satisfaction you get from doing your own mods :D

check out my mod thread think its page 4/5 iv got pics about my centre console wrap

the only advice i can give to you is, to take your time, if you see a bubble appear then bring the wrap back a step and use a card to lay it down and push the air bubble away. my wrap took me 2 hours to do it as best as i could and to a standard i was happy with

Edited by M2FNG

using a high quality wrap is no doubt the best advice I can give you.

i've not done it myself, but from reading lots of horror stories, it's better to spend a little extra to get the proper Hexis wrap, compared to being tight and buying something cheap and cheerful from a random eBay seller.

I didnt want to cover the clock, being my first time working with wrap i didnt think id manage. I cut a triangle out following the shape of the dashboard

But after working with it, i think i could have managed well.

Like everyone says take your time and get it to a level of quality that you are happy with!

Heres mine with the triangle cut out ans door not covered:

If you've never wrapped anything before, i would get some of the shit stuff off ebay for 5 quid & have a go. You'l get the hang of it pretty quickly & then do it again with some better quality wrap.

I've wrapped a few bits with said cheapy stuff from eBay and it came out pretty well. Corners are difficult to navigate as you've got to heat and flex the wrap so it's all flush with curves without scrunching up as it tries to do

As the centre console is fairly flat (albeit curver where the gear lever and ashtray holder is) you should be fine to have a crack at it. The wrap can be taken off and re-applied a number of times before it starts loosing it's tack (obviously as long as the part is wiped down and cleaned beforehand) so don't be afraid to re-apply certain areas if they're not spot on

The Hexis wrap (and other branded ones) are bubble-free, meaning air bubbles are resistant to form while you apply it which is why they're recommended

The cheaper stuff on eBay (unless specifically listed as such) don't have this tech, and will form bubbles from time to time. Either heat it up and re-apply, or get a pin and pop the bubble before pressing the wrap down properly

I've done my interior light and sun visor mirror 'lid' things in carbon wrap I got off eBay, they look pretty good although by no means perfect. I'd take them off and do it again if I could be bothered :lol:

Taking it to the next step soon anyway and will be skinning various parts in real carbon fibre, but that's a different story to wrapping :sofa:

Edited by dr3bin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.