Fault code found P0410 - Solved

RoryK

Turns out its a P0410 code :/ Hloping its a fuse and not the actual airpump otherwise thats going to be a real ache in my ball :/

Unless... thats been thrown becuase of my CAI ..

Edited by RoryK

Anyone interested in this, I think its related to the vaccume tubes you disconnect when fitting a CAI, I have reset my ECU and given her a good blatt and no CEL's so I reckon as it was the first cold start of the year it had a bitch fit.

Copied from another forum

'Anywhere from humidity and cold weather to the Vehicles air system reporting insufficient mass air flow, even faulty pump or damaged hose can cause CEL P0410'

Edited by RoryK

you can disconnect the aux air fan as its not needed .Removed mine altogether along with electrics and pipe work before i fitted the rotrex and no cel`s

Apparently it helps the cat heat up quicker by putting air into the exhaust which helps the unburnt fuel ignite and put more heat into the cat while the engine is warming up.

Yeh its pretty pants, the majority of it has been thrown in a box in my garage from the CAI, The more mods I do to my celica, the more I hate its standard ECU, cant wait to get the APEXi in

Edited by RoryK

im pretty sure there is only one pipe from the cai that is connected to the aux air pump, its a small diameter one.

When you get the Apexi you will have the traction and stability lights to annoy you then although there is a way round getting them to come on with the ignition and then timed so they go out. they will both be disabled when you fit the Apexi but its no great loss

None at all as far as I am aware ? the american AEM guide suggests it, but the pipe supplied is something like 8mm.. so wouldnt fit anywhere although the manual said plug that into the manifold intake.., I just used the rubber bung off the back of the standard box, and covered the hole up on the cai with that, then used a rubber nipple and blocked off the inlet on the intake, its been fine for three years up until now

I am not too bothered as the CAI wont be needed soon, think I sold it already to Dr3bin, was just worried about the CEL incase it was something that might hold me back on other plans.

Yeh I Read about this but I think SE7EN are currently working on a fix? its a pain for MOT's but luckily I have a friendly mechanic on hand to put her through, whats the way around it ? can you time it using the APEXi ?

I was thinking along the lines of having mook make me a set of dials that blank the lights out, or just pulling the LED's off the board lol.

Edited by RoryK

its not in the mot yet i have been assured

There is a circuit board you can buy for a few quid but cant for the life of me remember what it is called , will have to speak to Sanj again and get one ordered as im not keen on lights on the dash all the time , concerned if another comes up i wont see it as i am now used to seeing the 2 up

Replacement speedo dial insert that has those lights blank off ;) You could even use a prefacelift 190 one as we don't have them anyways :D

As to Apexi. It does have its own issues as crap closed loop means its a bitch to get through an mot emissions test. It does go a bit loopy at times as idle can hunt and other times be bang on lol

Replacement speedo dial insert that has those lights blank off ;) You could even use a prefacelift 190 one as we don't have them anyways :D

As to Apexi. It does have its own issues as crap closed loop means its a bitch to get through an mot emissions test. It does go a bit loopy at times as idle can hunt and other times be bang on lol

im pleased its not just mine that does this, was starting to think id got a problem

Have you had it sulk on you yet. Mine does if its not been used for a few days as it won't friggin idle and stalls. Have to hold the throttle for a short while so that it will idle on its own which is fun at 6am with an aftermarket exhaust inside a garage so I have to start car, move out garage, brake at bottom of sloped drive so I don't take lip out but not too much so as to get back on gas before car dies lol. It then clears after a couple of days. It never did this with the stock ecu lol.

oh yes but doesnt do it for long , i raised the idle to 1200rpm and she seems better although she does occassionally jump upto 1800rpm , at least she doesnt cut out now. Im hoping that Corten Miller will sort that when i take her back next month for a tweek now i have fitted a working bov .Seems the old one was only opening when you let your foot off on boost and not on idle or lifting off on low boost.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.