Steering Wobble 40-60mph

Cravo

Hi guys.

It might be a balance issue but between 40 and 60 my steering wheel wobbles a bit. Not violently but enough to annoy me. Think my tracking is out as well.

Don't think the wheels are buckled cos they're pretty new but the road on the way to work is horrendous with pot holes so I am going to be really peeved if they are buckled.

I had an issue like this on an e45 BMW 320d and it turned out to be a bent control arm which is a common problem on those Is this possible on the gen 7

This might actually make sense. When I drive through a built up area with my window down I can hear like a tsk tsk tsk sound with the rotation of the wheels.

I'll look into this thanks matey.

Well I cleaned the car Saturday thoroughly didn't notice any extra brake dust. I would have I know that cos our lasses brakes wore out and her wheels were covered in the stuff. I'll get it to a garage and get them to check the track and balance and ask them to check this at the same time :)

Haha of course. I'll go back home down the a1 today and see what happens :)

It was only fully balanced 2 months ago. Could it have been thrown out already?

Edited by Cravo

On my way home I tested this. The wobble comes in roughly 40mph and goes again about 55mph so balance looks the most likely culprit. I'll get it confirmed ASAP :thumbs: thanks for all the help and advice guys.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.