pros and cons

mikca01

hi guys. been toying with the idea of getting myself a faff to play with. but ive noticed i can get a 3.0 twin turbo manual gto for around 2k. going to keep the st202 as an everyday runabout but fancy somthing a bit quicker as a toy. opinions and comments welcome.

cheers mitch

the gto is a proper full on MANS car and looks bloody fantastic , but firstly rare (import only) so parts are hard to come by and when they do , they are stupid prices , the gearboxes are duff , and due to the low prices , they often are picked up by knob heads who can afford a couple of grand to buy one , but cant afford to repair it so could be held together with gaffer tape and bubble gum , if you really want one go for it , but seriously look into what you are buying before you spend your money

the faff is an upgraded version of your 202 (as you know) so sometimes its the better the devil you know

this is one ive been looking at reasonable milage not sure about it being white tho. my last gen5 was a gunmetal color think my 202 is going the same color soon.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item337bc98b20

my last 182 had 180k on it sonic was one of the best cars ive owned never had any major issues with it. would still have it if farmer f***kin giles hadnt decided to see how it would look with his tractor parked on the front end of her.

Edited by mikca01

yeah thats whats putting me off putting a bid in. want to try and find somthing with under 100k on it hopefully

You have either got to buy cheap and be prepared to spend on it,or pay top money for a good one that's been sorted..ie headgasket /turbo etc..rust

not to bothered if i have to do a few bits and pieces to one but yeah head gasket and turbo will be the things i check to see when and whats been done. had thought about looking for one with no mot and having a little project.

found a guy near me with a st185 looks pretty clean just had the turbo replaced motd for 9 months. my only issue is he says the mileage is 80k the clocks read 128k which he says is in km thats fair enough. what im unsure about is he says it clocks up in km but the speedo is in mph is it possible to have them like that?

cheers mitch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.