Gen 4 vert help

shaungt4

Ok guys put this in G/D to get more feedback

Rite i have an anoying squeek from the engine bay sounds like it's from in the back cam cover.

What i have done and cheked so far is changed all belts, New tensioner bearing for the alt belt along with new collar on the same pulley

Also took off the Alt belt started her up squeek still their took off power steering belt started her up again squeek still their .Done this to eliminate each belt and power steering pump. Also had a new cam belt .

Changed the oil . Sprayed WD40 in the dizzy incase it was running dry

Thing is it only happens on tick over. When you put the power on it stops as soon has you let the power off it starts to squeek again also only when the engine is at opperating temp

Basicly i'm stumped now has to what to do next. Could it be the cam it's self ?

Anyone had or no what this could be.

It's got to the point now i don't want to driver her which is a shame as i love the car

Thanks for reading and any advice you can give

Shaun

Edited by shaungtr

Can only think of the tensioner for cambelt possibly,you've changed everything else...hmm.clutching at straws here but also as it only does it on tickover,could it be engine movement making it,as when you apply rpm the engine stabilizes ie mounts,that kind of thing

Cheers guys,

Been talking to Rich (Alwayzsidewayz)

Gona change the whole lot even though the records show she has had a cam belt change a few years back before i had her

So will change the, belt, tensioner, w/pump, idler, also check the oil pump seal, and replace

Gona be fun though with the room they give you to work in

worth mentioning on ST162.net Shaun (unless u already done so)?

I have mate .

After taking the cam belt cover off i'm not convinced it's from in their seems more to the back of the engine

back cam inlet manifold area .The trouble is noieses travel through the engine could be from the dizzy even

Taking her to my local garage in the morning and my mate is gona see if they can pin point where it's from

gud luck, shaun!

fingers crossed its nothing major.

LOL if it.'s the cam belt tensioner then it's a pain the air was blue just taking the cover off because the room down their is imposible well almost anyhow

This is what it was like

Me, This, is, f, ing stupied why so tight a gap

Me, You fu##in asshole, Talking to a bolt

Me, Come out you fu##er, Sabrina sat their with a big grin on her face,

Me, Sabrina get me the hammer it will come out

Sabrina, Have you loosened it, ?

Me, Yes why, ?

Sabrina, Then go and have a fag calm down and let me get the bolt out my hands are smaller and will fit down their

off i go 2mins later hear the bloody thing is out shes stood their holding the bloody bolt, grining from ear to ear

Me, Ho rite you done it,

Sabrina the wonder woman again!

i can imagine her big smile now!

We really ned a female owner for a gen4!!!

we already got a potential with photoshop skills (jess)...

...just ned one with DIY skills now (ms goth :-)....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.