McGard wheel nuts, Failure !. Check your nuts regularly lads lol

Well i purchased a set of McGard locking wheel nuts a few months back and the other day Chris noticed one was cracked. They have only ever been tightened by hand and never had a windy gun on them .

Well after a couple emails to McGard in Germany they have sent me a new set, just got to send the broken one back now . Great service

What were you doing them up with and what torque setting where you using?

I worked with a guy once who sheared a Land Rover wheel stud with his bare hands using a socket and bar so its easy to put to much torque through a bar if not careful, but saying that you would like to think that a wheel nut product would be able to handle more then the average wheel brace. Dorris

just us a breaker bar and give them a nip

McGard have been great though , i dont have any spare wheel nuts so couldnt send the broken nut back before having a new one sent but they trusted me to send it back after i had fitted the new ones. Cant knock that for customer service.

the wheel wouldnt have come off but if it had all sheared off i might have struggled removing it at the roadside

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.