Adding USB Power Source in Glove Compartment

The usb connection on my kenwood also supplies power to any connected device, does yours?

Nah mate - mine just a crappy single din old stereo.

But yes my new stereo wud hav a usb socket + i also hav a usb socket tht plugs into ciggie lighter.

I just want an extra usb socket in the glove compartment so i can charge a tablet/2nd-mobile etc in a safe place

out of the way and out of prying eyes whn i go on long trips etc :-)

top idea that man :D, id fuse it and then attach to the lighter fuse, or the stereo power feed, that way its well protected, the usb fuse should pop 1st if it breaks, and if it draws way to much power due to a short then either the radio or the ciggie lighters fuse would pop protecting things, go for it, top mod

Edited by Mr Rizla

top idea that man :D, id fuse it and then attach to the lighter fuse, or the stereo power feed, that way its well protected, the usb fuse should pop 1st if it breaks, and if it draws way to much power due to a short then either the radio or the ciggie lighters fuse would pop protecting things, go for it, top mod

Cheers Mr Rizla!

Plan is whn i rip out all the internal stereo cables/speakers including

the cntral console for dash + gearstick....

....i will put in new stereo/speakers/cables/ciggie lighter + usb socket in glove compartment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.