Anyone powder coated tech 5 alloys? Qu about the plastic studs

Hey

I'm lookin to get these done ASAP however I think the studs are plastic. The wheel refurber said that if they are plastic they will be drilled out and I will need to find replacements to put back in. If they are metal, they will remove them and replace them after the treatment.

I'm sure they are plastic and was wondering where I can get replacement plastic bolts from? Also any idea about the dimensions of them?

Thanks

Ah yea, I do remember that chat happening a while ago but wasnt sure what the outcome was....if Daz managed to reuse the bolts. I tried searching for the thread but couldnt find anything on it :s (tbh i can never find anything on here the way i search! dont know if im not doing it correctly)

Kev, what I was meaning was im planning on getting them straightened and refurbed- probably in a silver again although I am contemplating a gunmetal or black. Not sure what would look better but failing that an OEM silver may be the way forward for my Red GT.

The refurber also said that if they are plastic, they would drill them out and most people dont bother refitting them after- not sure if that would look like a kid missing his front two teeth though! :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.