The Car Spa

mani

they are a protective rim you hammer/fit on to your alloys to help stop kirbing

have been a few instances of them coming off and damaging car at speed when not installed correctly

What the hell are Alloy Gaitors??? :shrug:

they are a protective sleeve that fits between the tyre bead and the rim ,it protrudes past the edge of the rim to stop kerb damage to the alloy wheel

sorry never heard of the car spa

antmax beat me to it

Edited by tctech

Any pics to how us exactly wot they look like?

:worthless:

oh, OK - just seen the pic appeared - nice......

u think those alloy gaitors better than tyres that protrude to protect the rims (like F1 Eagles)? :shrug:

i believe they are a rim protector Rich, bloody hell only popped on google to take a peek for a min or 2 & loads of replies...lol

Edited by sh3p

i have seen them fitted to a few cars, and evey standing a few feet from the car u cant tell if anything is fitted or part of the rim. also if u look at them from the side, they make the tyres look stretched, looks uber cool. and in my view they are better than tyre edges as if u kerb the gators, ur tyres dont et damaged, which can be an MOT fail as well. might get em done 22nd july. will post pics if i do

i have seen them fitted to a few cars, and evey standing a few feet from the car u cant tell if anything is fitted or part of the rim.

Yea but when you DO get up close, people walk past.. They just look weird as hell, like some kind of teeth brace you get in school.. But for your wheels..

By all means go for it, ita your car, but I wouldn't recommend them

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.