scrap or repair?

Hi fella's, some arsehole decided to have a dance on the roof of my N Reg 2ltr Celica import.Took it to the insurers repair shop where I was told it will prob. be written off.Need some advice on what type of money should I accept from the insurer's.The guy in the shop said 'cos it's an import I should hold out for a bit more than what they offer me.Any advice welcomed.

Thanks,Terry.

look through adverts on Pistonheads and other expensive sales websites and collect a few ads with similar cars on high asking prices, push for full insured value (hoping you have car insured for decent amount).

God luck bud (oh and you can always try to buy it back off the insurance for scrap value later).

Depending on how bad the roof is will depend if its repairable, usually however roofs are too much hassle to repair as its very hard to get them looking flat again!.

Yep well worth doing your homework here and making notes of ads, especially trade ads and make a list of perhaps 8/10 that you can have to hand when they ring up to discuss it.

And never accept the first offer, it is always lower than they are prepared to go

Then when the money comes through find yourself a good deal on one , you might even end up with a better one (I did with my gen 5)

Hope karma takes care of the sh*t who did it :angry:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.