What wheels to keep?

Much as I love 3-spokes I'd have to say they don't always look 'right' on a g6.

It's quite a bulky car (when compared to something like an rx7) so some wheels can look a little too delicate for the size of the car.

My ss1 is currently sitting on these, but luckily they're twin fitment (5x100 & 5x114.3) so I'll probably end up using them on my next rx!

27042012951.jpg

I love those 3 spokes, think they suit the car as right era.

Plus they different to what everyone else has, always a bonus.

there has never been a right era for 3 spoke alloys - corsas, saabs and faffs had em and all looked utter gash :lol:

as it happens i own both sets having the rotas fitted to my 5 and the rays waiting for a referb

010.jpg

SDC11500.jpg

my choice would be hard to say , the 3 spokers are wonderful in the flesh , really outstanding , it brings something unique to the car instead of the wank gen 7 handy bendy wheels everyone seems to lash on , the rays are tough and look the part , super advans are nicer , normal advans are not , the others can look a bit dated

IMG_2123.jpg

wheel2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

rays.jpg

the rotas given the dish and look are very very nice once fitted , in black it will IMO make your car look dirty , shabby and remanisant of a transit van , i dont do nice wheels that you cant even see , whats the point ? fuk touring car , be yourself i say

so what would i go on ? i wouldnt , id try both on and take it from there

ive also got more wheels than sense

IMG_2204.jpg

Edited by izzzzythedog

Think the bronze Rota option is a huge winner IMO,never been a 3 spoke lover myself either,really never liked the look.HOWEVER i would keep the original faff 3 spokers,i reckon it wont be toooo long before they fetch good money as a lot will have been tracked or mullered in some way

Think the bronze Rota option is a huge winner IMO,never been a 3 spoke lover myself either,really never liked the look.HOWEVER i would keep the original faff 3 spokers,i reckon it wont be toooo long before they fetch good money as a lot will have been tracked or mullered in some way

Dont say that, the old bootmobile went off to the scrappers with a set of those on :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.