Tyre issue

Hey all my tyres are around 7 months old barely used and noticed one of em has a a small bulge on the side wall would this be covered by a warranty at all hardly used since they wher fitted.not sure about drivin 150 miles the weekend to rising sun with risk of a blowout or would it be ok ? Thanks all

Doubt if it would be covered by warranty :( and no i wouldnt risk driving it there. Can you not stick a spare on? A small bulge can turn into a large bulge in two miles, twenty, seventy, there's no knowing. And it could just blow without warning even with a small bulge. We picked up a celi with a small bulge in the sidewall from up north, it wasnt long before we had to stop and do something about it, it got bigger after a few miles :(

If you havent got a spare is there any member local to you who might have one you can borrow to get you there and back?

It is difficult one - since a tyre is being used and could be (I am not saying this has happened) as a result of usage caused the issue.

But, again the law is very clear, items sold to be of satisfactory quality and should last as reasonable time.

If it was something like a TV and suddenly there the screen went even AFTER the 1 year warranty, u can still get it fixed or replace for FREE.

But a tyre, is less so since it is expose to the element - u might struggle to proof it shouldn't have a bulge with after very little use.

The law would still be on your side, but its proofing to the retailer that the tyre was of unsatisfactory quality when u bought it hence resulting in an early bulge.

As Arizona said, DO NOT drive it esp. at high speed!!! :o

Best, also to check with the retailer if they offer any warranty.

Most NEW tyres should come with some sort of 1 year guarantee, some even offer lifetime repair (obviously they cannot repair a bulge).

I would simply go back to the retailer and see as a gesture of goodwill they will replace it 1st - u never know :thumbs:

If not, then there are all sort of legal help u can sort: Most house insurance and even car insurance come with LEGAL ADVISE for ANY legal matters - u can ask them.

If not, and if u are upto it, put a case together, research the current consumer law and go back to the retailer with it....

Good luck and keep us posted!

I think it would be difficult to prove as clipping a kerb, or when going through a width restriction can cause this to happen without necessarily damaging the wheel.

I hope you can get this sorted for RS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.