DIY rear window heater strip repair

I noticed this morning that one of my strips within my heated rear window is not working, upon further inspection it seems like it's corroded through for 2mm, 2 bloody measly mm!!

Is there any way it can be DIY'd or would I have to replace the whole window?

It still exists, is about £20 for a 20ml bottle it's made of silver. Think it's called electrocure or something. What colour is your tailgate and does it have a spoiler?

tailgate??? oh you must mean BOOT! well its black lol, and I have the original TS spoiler, why????????

you could swap your tailgate for one with a good heater element ..

its 2mm of the strip, once i have the windows tinted, you wont notice it. it's right on the end of the line, so i can put decals down the window if really needs be.

Maplins sell the silver conductive paint for a tenner - and they're doing free delivery at the minute. stick a strip of masking tape running along either side of the electric element strip on the window, paint along the "gap" between the two masking strips (which is basically the track of the heating element", then remove the masking tape once the paint's dry. Done!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.