help needed in yorkshire fitting eibachs

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep, if you had kept the bell housing on the dampers, it would have been done today, i'll put a pic up tomorrow. where did u get the sound proofing, mite get that done while boot is stripped of plastic.

yep, if you had kept the bell housing on the dampers, it would have been done today, i'll put a pic up tomorrow. where did u get the sound proofing, mite get that done while boot is stripped of plastic.

Haha & what would I have used on the top of my Teins? :lol: You had a head start with the fronts!

Got 20 sheets left here mate if you want some, only used 10 on mine.

cheers, mite try loose some squeaks, it was quieter without all the plastics in. but also put some duck tape on the hook for the boot catch.

cheers wayne for today, that back one was a bitch, bet your knackered , i am, and i only passed you a few spanners.

I just feel sh!t mate that I couldn't finish it for you - I hate giving up on anything (as you probably guessed with that first droplink).

Right now i'm feeling a bit of a fraud - I assure you it was easier on my Celica and the MR2 we had :(

As for dragster - yup, all craig needs is an engine sticking out the top of his hood and he's ready to enter the funny car series lol

I just feel sh!t mate that I couldn't finish it for you - I hate giving up on anything (as you probably guessed with that first droplink).

Right now i'm feeling a bit of a fraud - I assure you it was easier on my Celica and the MR2 we had :(

As for dragster - yup, all craig needs is an engine sticking out the top of his hood and he's ready to enter the funny car series lol

Give up mate, you're a top fella & certainly helped me out on numerous occasions. Craigs motor has a few more miles on it so them droplinks will have been worse for wear if they've never been changed.

I'd have loved to have changed my rear mounts & kept the rears as a complete unit but KYB only did the fronts & I wasn't paying Toyota's prices. If it makes you feel any better Jimmi forgot to raise both sides of the car when fitting the TEINS & only realised a few hours in that we were fiighting against the anti roll bar - this is from a guy who has done numerous installs! :doh:

Edited by J03

dont worry about it, at least we got the bumper on, its been in the garage since january, and i can get the back sound proofed with all the plastic out. think someone else said windy gun needed, so i will have a word with garage i use everything is now stripped ready. Edited by razor2812

that unlucky that guys. everything seemed such hard work on craigs car it was unreal. lol. took about 30 mins to change the fricking bulb. lol resulted in taking the headlight out to fit it lol. shame never got it finished but like said the front is in and done. just the rears now. bumper looked alot better too.

Rears didn't get done and I ended the day defeated :(

Really sorry Craig, I didn't realise how much of a bitch that top bolt was going to be - I hate not finishing anything.

Is that the bolt on the top of the shock? It sometimes help to slacken this bolt off first before you remove the sock it from the car (if access allows)

Is that the bolt on the top of the shock? It sometimes help to slacken this bolt off first before you remove the sock it from the car (if access allows)

Yep we tried that but Wayne didnt have a 17mm spanner to access the nut whilst the strut was still on the car.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.