Handpaint instead of respray

What ever happened to the member who started doing this? I'v had a search for the thread & cant find it. I lost track of it last year & forgot about it.

I cant remember who it was but they bought a bumper & hand painted it ST Orange i think.

Anyone remember who it was / was it you?

Edited by harv_j

He's not logged on since last year :( i couldnt find the thread by searched his member name either booooooooooooo!

He actually managed to get a pretty decent finish from what i remember.

There used to be a paint available in the late 80's early 90's that was designed for brush painting on cars. It was quite thick and flowed into the brush marks, took forever to dry! You can roller gloss paint, but you would really need to wet flat and polish it for and kind of shine.

yo yo yo

project was abondoned as i didnt have the time to put into it (required a lot of sanding, and oil based paint takes sooooo long to dry that my car would have had to be off the road for a couple of weeks, and i need my cal almost every day for work)

but what i did get done on the bodykit was just as good as what you can get with rattle cans or a compressor, just required tons more time and elbow grease.

no ide how i would have held up to road use as it was never fitted, but the bumpers lived in my garden uncovered until the other day when i cleaned them on to experiment with vinyl wrap and they are in the exact condition i left them in... bright orange with brush strokes all over needing sanding, but alas i aint got time.

u never know, maybe in the future when im rich enough to afford two cars

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.