ST202 Wont start

HI all

Urgent help please

The missuses ST202 wont start.

Ive tried the plugs,plenty of petrol,and its getting to the plugs as I can smell it o9n them it just wont fire up.

All I can think of is a fuse somewhere as it started fine last night

Yeah its got be baffled too,thinking fuel pump or a relay but cant get it to the garage for them to have a look see.

Right after a bit of persuasion it has started,coughed and splutterd for a bit but eventually fired up. Abit of white smoke from the back but could have been condensation so going to let it tick over for a while and try it again in a bit,thinking she has ran it out of petrol as it was low so I put a £5 in it and thindk it was hopefully trying to pull it through.

Swithched off and she started again.

So hopefully thats it.

Edited by celica-90

Once had to replace ignitor? excitor? Whatever it is called.

Wee box at back right of engine bay, on the bulkhead.

One day fine, next day no go, replaced that box, fine again.

Yeah its got be baffled too,thinking fuel pump or a relay but cant get it to the garage for them to have a look see

If it was fuel pump youd have no fuel at the engine end certainly not enough to smell it. Although if you have fuel and spark you should have bang regardless. Is the spark a large arc?

I know this is not the best advice, but it worked for me.

A few years ago I had a GT that gave me the same problem. I starded mine by craking it over with my foot fully down on the accelerator. As long as you have a full battery to start with, you should be able to keep the starter going for about a minute, mine would always start eventualy, usualy on 1 or 2 cylinders before picking up on all 4. After that the car would run fine.

Only problem is you might burn the starter out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.