Scratched my car .. not happy

Gimba

DSC02229.jpg

Reversing round the fence to let my dad out .. and got too close to the fence pillar, couldn't believe it, it's not a deep scratch, infact if your run your finger along it it's smooth, so for the time being I've ordered touch up paint. Does anyone know a good priced place near London/Essex that could sort this out for me?

I've emailed 3 places with pictures, hopefully I'll hear from them monday, got lakeside meet not tomorrow but next sunday, Mines gonna look like it just come out of the scrap

RT Performance did mine, I did a similar thing, but with my rear arch + I dented / creased it bad! ended up needing the whole panel repaired, resprayed and blended in with the door and they charged £300, Was a brilliant job too!

Some before and afters of their work for you, but I highly recommend them!

Before

IMG_0367.jpgIMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0368.jpgIMG_0369.jpg

After

DSCF2226.jpgDSCF2225.jpg

DSCF2224.jpgDSCF2227.jpg

I sent them an email and asked for a quote, but ended up going to see Tarras as it was easier then trying to get a photo that showed the true extent of the damage.

Couldnt recommend them enough :)

Feel your pain too bud, worst feeling ever when you damage your baby!

Edited by RoryK

Hey I will msg my cosion for you he is a sprayer and does private work might even be able to fit it in Saturday if his not busy.

Hoody that would be brilliant if he could, let me know as soon as he tells ya :thumbs: appreciate that

Sluggy .. no chance lol it was my fault anyway, even if he offered, I'd probably turn it down

If its not deep and you can hardly feel it get some 2500 grit sand paper, use it wet and sand the scratch out, then finish off with some g3 cutting paste, wet again, don't let it dry out and burnish the paint, then wax and polish. If you going to get it sprayed anyway you ain't got nothing to loose by trying the above method first.

This worked for me when some low life cowardly bastard keyed right down my drivers door last week, used the above method and it's almost invisible now. ;)

If its not deep and you can hardly feel it get some 2500 grit sand paper, use it wet and sand the scratch out, then finish off with some g3 cutting paste, wet again, don't let it dry out and burnish the paint, then wax and polish. If you going to get it sprayed anyway you ain't got nothing to loose by trying the above method first.

This worked for me when some low life cowardly bastard keyed right down my drivers door last week, used the above method and it's almost invisible now. ;)

+1 for this.

I used to sell second hand motors and used this method on much worse than that.

I am a complete noob with that, I haven't even heard of the stuff needed, I get what you mean by if it messes up it doesn't matter because I'll get it re-sprayed, but I know for a fact it WILL mess up, I'd easily need to buy some crap car part from somewhere and do my own tests and what not first, appreciate the suggestion though. Just been offered £100 to fix it :thumbs:

gutted for you, least you know who did it, got mine keyed again last night and it can only be a few people as car is now in a private car park, really gets ya when its done. want to bury them when i find out who it is.

gutted for you, least you know who did it, got mine keyed again last night and it can only be a few people as car is now in a private car park, really gets ya when its done. want to bury them when i find out who it is.

If I find the fooka who keyed mine he's on a one way trip to Cannock chase in the boot of my car with a spade... I hate these gutless shites..

I am a complete noob with that, I haven't even heard of the stuff needed, I get what you mean by if it messes up it doesn't matter because I'll get it re-sprayed, but I know for a fact it WILL mess up, I'd easily need to buy some crap car part from somewhere and do my own tests and what not first, appreciate the suggestion though. Just been offered £100 to fix it :thumbs:

R

See Gimba isnt this This is a Great Club.

THE best members, a proper community

Fraser (shocks) this sounds like a jealousy/ revenge act don't you think Once maybe just a nutter, twice defo. More to it don't you think !

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.