Where can i find a 12v supply inside the dash?

scorps1212

Hey guys. Can someone tell me where i can find a 12v supply near the headunit inside the dash? I need to tap an aerial booster into it.

How about the power wire running to the headunit? Can i tap it into that? If i can, which colour wire is the power? Lol.

I think its yellow on mine. And the red is the ignition live. Right can someone talk us through how to do it. If i was to tap into the power for the headunit, how do i do it cause the yellow has a male and female, but they're connected together So there's no room to stick the connector from the booster. How do i tap into it?

Only reason I'll do the choco block is cause i got loads of them on the van. But aint got a scotch lok. So your saying the black could be the ignition and not the yellow? I thought it was either the red or the yellow. One power and one ignition.

i would wire that into the igniton live switch so that it will only be active when the ignion is on hence not running down the battery if you have it on battery live igniton live is normally red best way to be safe though is go and get yourself a multimeter they always come in handy for stuff like that b&q do a nice little cheap one

Edited by carlasumm

Only reason I'll do the choco block is cause i got loads of them on the van. But aint got a scotch lok. So your saying the black could be the ignition and not the yellow? I thought it was either the red or the yellow. One power and one ignition.

thats why i said be worth testing it, on the vw's black was ignition controlled, i wouldnt just assume is same on the toyotas and i dont have a tester at the mo to check for you

can use choco block, just make sure you got good connection , i just prefer to use the scotch lok

Good to know. I geniously blew the cig lighter fuse trying to wire a fm booster last week. Really good work on my part, that. :oops:

depends what your wiring into it too, sometimes you need to go into a thicker wire and fit an inline relay with fuse or it'll just blow the fuse if its not enough

Hey guys. I've got a multimetre So ill check it over the weekend. I think ill choco block it into the ignition live just to be safe. I've got to get a booster yet. All the one's i found on ebay for less than a tenner, didn't do one for my car. They were all for newer cars. Might pop to halfords and see if they got one.

Hey guys. I've got a multimetre So ill check it over the weekend. I think ill choco block it into the ignition live just to be safe. I've got to get a booster yet. All the one's i found on ebay for less than a tenner, didn't do one for my car. They were all for newer cars. Might pop to halfords and see if they got one.

Here's the one I've got, and not yet powered up. If there's better ones I'd be interested to know as I'm hoping to get good reception with a bee sting aerial.

Mate are you definitely sure that fits a celica? I emailed the seller about that exact one and they come back to me saying it wouldn't fit a 1997 celica. Its for newer cars with phantom aerial's. Cause this was the one i was gunna buy.

Here's the link to the one i was looking at. And when i emailed them to ask if it would fit on a 1997 celica, they said no, only newer cars with phantom aerials.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200705253833?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

So from what they said, all i can think of is the connection is different that plugs into the aerial lead. Or are they all the same in older and newer cars?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.