Swapped the HIDs for Osram Nightbreakers

I live in a relatively rural part of the UK and have to say I've never had anything other than standard bulbs, or felt the need to change. Its just one of those things I don't get.

I do find it incredibly selfish that loads of cars these days drive around with unaligned ridiculously bright bulbs which seem to blind you as you're going round an unlit corner, so from personal experience the whole 'blinding people is cool' point of view just screams tosser to me I'm afraid, not that I'm suggesting anyone has so far but I know plenty of people who don't consider other drivers at all (which includes everyone except the person saying it).

I don't even think I use full beam that often. Maybe I've just got better night vision that you lot :P

100% this. BUT...Osrams just fit on your normal ballasts and unless you're an utter nonce and don't notice that your beam patterns going way too far right then they're brilliant. Infinitely better than standard bulbs and don't blind anyone. I turned them on and walked about 100ft back and looked at them for ages, admiring their masculine yet feminine features...and their none glary sweetness...pure awesome these things.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

too bright for oncoming traffic, simple as that.

i hear ya,but looking at the pic with the gen 5 coming out of the garage thats enough to blind anyone,just as bad to be honest

i hear ya,but looking at the pic with the gen 5 coming out of the garage thats enough to blind anyone,just as bad to be honest

that's with high beam on, i think...?

the picture of his beam shows a lot more of the higher areas illuminated rather than the driveway itself where dipped beams would light.

Unknown brand 6000K HIDs

DSC04277.jpg

Osram Nightbreakers

DSC04278.jpg

I don't think your right bulb is in properly. I too get that halo thing, and I know for sure my bulb isn't in properly as the holder is broken. You can still see a halo just about on the whiteish pillar between the garages. My beam pattern is terrible lol, I have new headlights though.

high beam was on but you also have to take into account that the garage is also alot higher up than the house it self the picture was to illustrated that i didnt have the yellowing of the beam which others say they get with the night breaker plus`s

I don't think your right bulb is in properly. I too get that halo thing, and I know for sure my bulb isn't in properly as the holder is broken. You can still see a halo just about on the whiteish pillar between the garages. My beam pattern is terrible lol, I have new headlights though.

It's in properly.. or at least there's no other way it can go in, and it's not loose at all.

I think the 'halo' is from a little hole in the headlight lens that lets a little extra light through (or at least that's something I read once)

its all about what works for people end of the day,theres been about 3 off these osram threads now,and the whole hids are crap etc,end of the day its what you perfer,me i like the hids so ill be staying with them,we could go on all day about things that are a mot fail,such as de cats,certain number plates etc etc fact is loads or people have these things,hids work better for me and i do alot of driving so i need a good set up for night driving.

Edited by looney

100% this. BUT...Osrams just fit on your normal ballasts and unless you're an utter nonce and don't notice that your beam patterns going way too far right then they're brilliant.

Unfortunately this demographic makes up 80% of Britain's drivers, including many I know (I won't stereotype gender) who think suspicious noises are solved by thus increasing radio volume.

It's in properly.. or at least there's no other way it can go in, and it's not loose at all.

I think the 'halo' is from a little hole in the headlight lens that lets a little extra light through (or at least that's something I read once)

Yeah theres a hole in a metal plate inside the lens, projects a spot for lighting up road signs

As my HIDs are brighter and sit slightly differently, I opened the lens and covered the hole up, jobs a good'un :)

Im keeping my HIDs until they blow/break, then will swap to these nightbreakers - only because I cant be arsed to keep changing them at MOT time. Other than that, I never get flashed, never get pulled, and their properly aligned - no harm done

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.