Anyone know this GT4

GTsillycar

I'm going to have a look at this GT4 tomorrow.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201149434220251/sort/locasc/usedcars/price-to/3000/model/celica/make/toyota/page/2/radius/100/postcode/bn162gw/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

I have a feeling i saw the car a fair few months back on ebay, can anyone confirm that and if known the purchase price as it may assist me in the haggle ;)

Alternatively does anyone know this car fo any other reason?

Any and all info would help.

only thing odd i can see is it has the interior from an ST, nasty seats

my bet is it probably is an ST and someone has flung the GT4 body kit on it

Unsure - but at some stage its had AT200 seats put in as that trim was never used in the GT4's

ouch I dont get beaten often :(

I certainly hope it is a real GT4, number plate doesn't come up on insurance quotes but put that down to it being an import :shrug:

Seats don't really bother me as i'd just be happy to have the power :D

Can always speak to mondo at a later date for some of his custom creations.

M reg makes it 1994 so it would never have had JDM rears also wouldn't have had those skirts

something just doesn't look right with the overall stance, cant get a clear enough picture of the wheels to see the callipers nor can you see the clocks

but those seats are ST, knob is ST and those door cards are also ST would make it completly raided or an ssi

Edited by Briano

As Briano says you cant see the callipers as they are a big give away as is back end of car as you can see the fuel tank.

Look at clocks as will have a boost gauge on them - a unaccurate one though.

Could have been a stripped out track car thats had a interior put back in - easiest way is to check the vin plate as that will tell you what it is if you go look at it

Ideally take someone who knows these cars as if you buy a bad un you will regret it

How much is your 6 worth ??

TBH unless you can swap and add the rest of money id not really look yet.

If you want to feel the power of a good GT4 then get a local member to let you drive theirs

Thats what i did when MattW was after a 4 - let him drive the wifes yellow one as thats a standard 205 and let him make his mind up.

He liked it so went ahead in his search for one

I think mine worth at best on a forcourt £1499

I always make naf offers on every car i buy, spent a few years as a car dealer so had to.

Usually when buying i would just jump in and think if i don't like it i'll sell it on at a profit and that's worked for years..

Since buying my current car i have fallen for the Celica, i think it's an amazing car for such a small outlay.

I am stangely worried about losing mine and getting something i don't like.

I did test drive a 205 a few months back but was missing the sunroof and was a little tatty so i walked away.

The drive however, left a me needing to get beak into it especially when i drove off in my GT

Seats are from a SR.

Tbh the fact that bits have been nicked it's for me a bartering tool ;)

All points to a bit of a waste of time this one....but i'm biased cos i want you to buy the 165 on ebay if the winner is a knob and backs out LOL.Theres better more genuine 'faffs' than this one about

All points to a bit of a waste of time this one....but i'm biased cos i want you to buy the 165 on ebay if the winner is a knob and backs out LOL.Theres better more genuine 'faffs' than this one about

the man is right, plenty of good ones out there, this one could just be a pretty ST :D

Well they all come with air con - UK just normal the JDM climate control.

all UK had sunroofs though - JDM didnt as was a option and not a very popular one

Looks nice enough but no gay sunroof :lol:

Did contact this fella but he no do px and i got no buyer on mine. :(

http://pistonheads.c...les/3471078.htm

:laugh2: i would love to get my hands on the 165, bit different.

As Briano says you cant see the callipers as they are a big give away as is back end of car as you can see the fuel tank.

Look at clocks as will have a boost gauge on them - a unaccurate one though.

Could have been a stripped out track car thats had a interior put back in - easiest way is to check the vin plate as that will tell you what it is if you go look at it

Ideally take someone who knows these cars as if you buy a bad un you will regret it

What should i be looking for on the vin plate? will it say ST205? or GT4?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.