GT4 or 190 Gen 7

GTsillycar

Tbh after my test drive in a 190 today, i think i can rule the Gen 7 out unless one comes up with some good power mods.

I know GT4 ownership has it's risks but if i keep mine i'm likely to throw a grand at it in the next 12 months and say yeah it's a lovely car, but it's not that quick :(

this is easier than i first thought

the answer is ...... GT4

simple reason is if your not happy about the power on a gt then the 190s not going to set your world alight either , its not its a slow car at all but you need to rev the tits off it to get into the serious power wheres a gt4 has it on tap ..after a little turbo lag

driven slowly which isnt easy as the powers there teasing you in the backround you will crack 30 mpg , the gen 7 will piss this mind , the gt4 isnt unreliable either , at 90 odd the suspension shows wear , at about the same time the clutch is a gone-er , at 120 all the suspension will have needed changing , at 150 ish the clutch will once again be wearing out and the some suspension components , head gaskets from 150-200 depending on useage along with the turbo , so really its after the 150 thou you come across anything other than consumables , this is rather impressive given the pace of the dam thing IMO , cant be said of all other proformance cars out there , 100 and s13/14`s are normally completely shagged , scoobys at 30 onwards , rx7 about the same , hard to think of a car in the same league really

id say get a gt4 , run it a while and if your ok with its running costs your sorted

Tbh after my test drive in a 190 today, i think i can rule the Gen 7 out unless one comes up with some good power mods.

I know GT4 ownership has it's risks but if i keep mine i'm likely to throw a grand at it in the next 12 months and say yeah it's a lovely car, but it's not that quick :(

If its power you are after there is a very nice ex-fensport Blitz S/C'd TRD Sports-M Gen 7 for sale on Pistonheads.. ;)

I was actually looking for a ST205 before I got my 1st 190 and together with the bad taste of running costs with the 2.5 twin turbo 4WD VR-4 still in my mouth, I thought the 190 was a better financial choice.

I agree with the above posts really, the St205 is the ultimate drivers Celica and to get any fun out of it you will burn ALOT of fuel. :D

Im only running a Gen 7 now because im saving money for petrol for my next car ;)

Edited by tabbaranx

Depends how many miles you do! Fuel is the main cost.

On 12k miles, at current prices, assuming a gt-four, that's a £1500 saving.

I accept that you maybe have to sell your soul.for a diesel and it doesn't suit everybody etc etc.

If i had the money and storeage i'd keep my current GT as a daily, as fuel is ok, insurance is cheap and the last time i tried to own a diesel to save money was a peugeot 406 estate and i lasted 3 weeks. I got OVERTAKEN :xmas_ohmy: NOOOOOO!

Hated it. Unfortunatly i can't afford to run 2 cars :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.