Washing the Celica

Digitalman

Hi Guys, I'm looking for a decent car washing fluid, possibly just a wash and go type.

I know a lot of you guys can spend hours on washing and polishing using lots of different potions and lotions, but I dont have time for this and to be honest I don't want to spend 10% of the value of the car on lotions.

So what is out there that can either be hand washed on or put on via the pressure washer that leaves a nice finish?

Steve :)

I bought the turtle wax ice pack for £13 a couple of months ago and it ain't failed me since, and I got the soap, wax, spoke applicator, cloth and interior leather wax/polish. Not bad for halfords tbh. But you can pick up the 5ltr bottles of super triple soap wash on eBay for pennies if you want to put a little more effort in.

Turtle Wax ICE is a nice quick way of getting your car clean and shiney. I used it for a year or 2. I still use the polish on Engine plastics and tyres.

But I've moved onto Megs Car Shampoo. £16 sound a lot but it lasts ages. ( can't remember the name but it's the Yellow one)

Turtle Wax contains a lotta fillers and abrasives that temporarily fill swirls but actually make them worse.

the BEST wash and go stuff you can get (that isn't bordering into dickhead expensive territory) is Meguiars Gold Class car wash, it's good for getting shit off and leaving a decent layer of protection afterwards, gives a nice glossy shine too when used with warm water

http://www.impactglazing.co.uk/images/Autocare/gold_class_car_wash_large.jpg

£15 for a large bottle from Halfords.

I've reviewd a few products on my blog. I'd use Zip wax by Turtlewax if you really don't want to do a proper clean or the Tripple wax wash mentioned above is good to. If you wash you car i'd recommend waxing it, can do it quickly with a product like Turtle wax ice as it goes on clear.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.