Some questions about sea foaming.

kishan38

is this simular to the Lucas oil products as well? for engine wear and what not. have seen more about lucas products than sea foam but both are supposed to be good at what they do.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/

http://www.lucasoil.co.uk/

one i have more use of in motorbikes and boats it has worked really well.

I put half in my fuel tank and half in the oil and left it in for 1000 miles, it didn't cure the excessive oil burning or make any noticable running improvments. Maybe if I put it in the vacuum system thing might have been different.

I then decided to put a new short motor in and I have to say the components were very clean. Not sure if this was as the engine had always been or if the Seafoam had anything to do with it.

If you put the Seafoam in the oil when you come to change the oil I would advise that you remove the sump to clean out any loose debris from the sump and strainer.

I'm sure you have seen the Youtube videos of people putting in the vacuum pipes, just make sure you in a well open space away from any roads as it will kick a lot of shit out of the exhaust.

• 2 weeks later...

where is the best place to buy seafoam? and where can we get those pipes from? just take them off the air box yea?

also when you put 1/3 in yur petrol tank, how much petrol should you have? full tank? hardly anything etc

i really wouldnt bother if you are suffereing from burning oil, as the damage is already done, i would simply use it before a service and that it.

Seafoam is actually developed for engines burning oil due to old oil carbonising.

Did nothing to mine in a 1000 miles though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.