Car eco monitors

Are there any meters available for the celica that can monitor mpg based on the current driving? Autometer in the US does this using the OBDII port but it doesnt mention the celica in the compatibility list.

Alternatively is there any apps for the android that do this even if it uses a obdii transmitter? I know the iphone has this, but is there an android version?

http://www.autometer.com/ecometer/

The OBDII tool sticks out a bit too for for leaving in during everyday driving, you would end up knocking it off with your legs.

Also OBDII tools usually leave the ABS warning lamp on the dash if you drive with it connected.

I have one of these so I can check sometime.

I have a OBDII reader, it doesnt affect the ABS warning lights or anything else. I left mine plugged in for afew days but never knocked it, maybe if I forgot it was there it might have gotten knee though!

Going to get a Wi-fi one though hopefully so I can constantly use it, the Bluetooth will be used up by hands-free etc

Ordered the reader - i think i will be removing the port from the dash and modifying it so i can slot the reader into the dash so it ends up flush.

Cant wait to use torque - looks amazing!!! MAF flow/intake temp/mpg.etc. So many possiblitys!

Holds the phone very securely, and you will need the proclip for the 7, looks OEM style

652818-4.jpg

How would you fit such a thing? Just take off the center console and screw it in to the passenger side of the dash ?

Would there be any chance of fitting it closer to the drivers side ?

i have one of the odb2 reader from ebay only a cheap 1 and i leave it permanently in the car i forget that it was there sometime lol what you got to do is push it back and the connect will come out and disconnect from the dash then all you do is connect the reader and leave it behind the plastic that connect to the silk next to your right foot and away you go :P the only problem with the ebay 1 is the speed is not that great you have a little delay on the reading but if you just want to use it for reading fault code like me it the cheapest option and it work great. :D

Been looning at that rev but will it be worth the £27.99 its on there for?

Will this work on the gen6?

Gen6 doesn't have a OBDII socket.

Its free? Or not much for android anyway.

The bluetooth cable doesn't like the gen 7 it seems, so might have a bluetooth cable for sale if you want it?

Strange that, it works on mine. I only use it for a code reader with a laptop though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.