Air intake

Please forgive my ignorance.... If I installed an after market kit would this be Forced Induction. To get cold air Forced Induction I believe you have to insulate from the heat of the engine. Insulated/Sealed/ Forced induction is best from what I have been reading. Is this true. If so could you insulate the Celica air box, adapt it so the after market kit is inside the standard box. Sorry for my babble. It makes sense in My mind lol. If you can follow what I'm trying to ask... Could this work????

Please forgive my ignorance.... If I installed an after market kit would this be Forced Induction. To get cold air Forced Induction I believe you have to insulate from the heat of the engine. Insulated/Sealed/ Forced induction is best from what I have been reading. Is this true. If so could you insulate the Celica air box, adapt it so the after market kit is inside the standard box. Sorry for my babble. It makes sense in My mind lol. If you can follow what I'm trying to ask... Could this work????

Ok no worries. Forced induction is simply where the inlet Air pressure is supplied at greater than atmosphere. This is typically achieved by using a turbo or supercharger. If you don't have this your car is 'naturally aspirated'. As for all applications air temp should be as cold as possible. Colder air is dense so more oxygen = bigger bang

So an after market induction kit. Insulate away from engine heat as much as possible. Any suggestions to a brand or brands for Induction kit/Cat back Exhaust. Are there any brands that manufacture Induction kits that work alongside an Exhaust system that they also manufacture. Thanks

The best i think for the Gen 7 is the AEM Cold Air Intake - CAI. This has a pipe that goes down by the fog light with the filter on, so its directly in the flow of incoming air, and away from the heat of the engine. Other types have a very short run and so the filter is sat right next to the engine, nice noise, but no real gains, these are called Short Ram Intakes - SRI.

And i thin kheat wrapping on a low tune engine is not really neccessary on an intake!!

Thank you. AEM Cold Air Intake. I'm heading onto Ebay to get a price. £270 in red lovely.

http://www.car-stuff.com/carparts/toyotacelica20002000aemaira1821564r1.html?prodSlot=Product+Listings+Page%3A2

Is this a fair price or could I get one cheaper.

Would the K&N Typhoon also work as well. They look quite similar in length???

Anything in that style will be all much of a muchness in terms of gains, so its down to you on what brand you want really. My GF has the AEM an her Gen7, really nice noise and looks nice with the red pipe :thumbs:

And not sure on prices, she had it before we met. :shrug:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.