501 side light LED's

RoryK

The little bugger below popped 2 of my fuses before going itself, just wanted to confirm that this is a 501 like they have on Amazon LINK

And would these be ok with the standard fuses ? Dont want to keep popping them!

IMG_0300.jpg

Edited by RoryK

Not even if the LED was dodgy ? I have a feeling the metal connectors on the led might have bent across and cause a short :S

The LED in the piccie does not work at all, the other LED is fine though :S

Edited by RoryK

the LED's i have in my sidelights are just like that except longer with 13 LED's on it - much brighter B) - i did have a set the same as those but felt they were too dull to use on the car.

Not even if the LED was dodgy ? I have a feeling the metal connectors on the led might have bent across and cause a short :S

The LED in the piccie does not work at all, the other LED is fine though :S

I'm sure you know already, but LED bulbs will ony work 1 way round. So if you've not tried it already, try it the other way round.

I'm sure you know already, but LED bulbs will ony work 1 way round. So if you've not tried it already, try it the other way round.

Yeh I had a good play about with it, and one LED just didnt work either way round, in either socket, when the other worked fine, Just a shame it took three popped fuses for the dodgy LED to show itself :/

New LED's turned up today anyway, fitted and now working fine, plus I have one working spare. Glad its just an LED popped, and that eBay exists, got some for £4 delivered instead of the £17 Halfords wanted hehe.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.