Ebay drop links

RoryK

Well I lowered my T sport and in the process she shed some light on my knackered drop links. I have replaced the fronts which were causing some horrible noises, but now I have fixed those the small knocking from the back is more obvious. Now before I go ahead and order some drop links in from my local motor spares shop, I was wondering if any of you have used the drop links on ebay... £15 for a rear set is tempting

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Celica-1-8i-VVTi-VVTLi-ARB-Rear-Drop-Link-x-2-/290406263528?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439d8feae8

did use some on my 4 a few years ago , replaced the rear shock and bust the 20 year old one so bought a pair off ebay and fitted them , 3 months later fitted lowering spring to the car and snapped a new one :angry:

I have some eBay rears and went for the slightly more expensive ones.. about £17 IIRC..

Had them on for a few weeks now and handling is much improved.

Few people have said that the nuts aren't the best so you might be better re-using the stock nuts.

Hmm, yeh I used FAI's on my fronts, and have to say its made a noticable difference to the steering, and I still need to get it aligned so I am looking forward to the true result :)

Thanks again guys for the responses, gives me a better idea, after what happened to Sonic I might stick with a pair of FAI's on the back aswell, as the roads around my area are terrible!

i've used ebay ones on the st. no probs here.

had a little knocking on the gt, but that was just the arb bush. swapped that with one i had left over from the st. and the knocking's gone. worth a check of that also

Sorted, I was quoted £45 for the rear set by my local motor spares, we couldnt figure out why they cost more then the fronts though, which cost me £30. Would have thought the fronts would have cost more as they are under more strain.

Anyway I need to figure out if my rears are knackered, getting this horrible sorta scraping/rubbing noise from the rear now, its not a constant noise, just happens like its doing it every turn of one of the wheels, faster you go the faster the rub goes, the noise remindes me of a old steam train lol.

Had a quick look underneath but cant see anything on the arch that shows obvious signs of rubbing, cant see any contact between the alloy and any other components, and I have checked the plates behined the discs to make sure there are no stones stuck... weird one lol...

Guess its up on the jack again on the weekend to figure this one out before it goes in for alignment on Monday, was planning to install my HID's but it will have to wait now lol.

Any one you had this issue ? Ideas are welcome!

Edited by RoryK

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.