cheap st205

No service history, no record of number of previous owners... on a normal ST202 that would be posssibly OK, but on one of these beasts I'd really want to ask a lot more questions, and definitely go and have a look.

But yes, it does look, on first sight, to be a good buy.

No service history, no record of number of previous owners... on a normal ST202 that would be posssibly OK, but on one of these beasts I'd really want to ask a lot more questions, and definitely go and have a look.

But yes, it does look, on first sight, to be a good buy.

i have asked about owners, service history, fig 8s, clucth, belts, so waiting for reply now

I'd go look at it, worth a punt.

Do the usual checks, even if it hasn't had lower arms, fig8's, clutch. Check engine, turbo etc...

If you can get the car for £1500

Worst case scenario:

New clutch £550

Lower arms + Fig8's = £600

Full service with all new leads £350

Cambelt £300?

Front brakes + Back brakes £300

Total = £3600

Then you'd have a pretty solid GT4 with all the big jobs done and you'd know they'd 100% been done recently. B)

Do the usual checks, even if it hasn't had lower arms, fig8's, clutch. Check engine, turbo etc...

Worst case scenario:

New clutch £550

Cambelt £300?

Total = £3600

Then you'd have a pretty solid GT4 with all the big jobs done and you'd know they'd 100% been done recently. B)

i think it worth a look to, dont mind body damage as thats nothing major,

Worst case scenario:

New clutch £550

Cambelt £300?

Total = £3600

Been taught well you have Mr Sawyer :lol:

No such thing as a cheap 205

You could buy it and find you have got the deal of the century but you could buy it and find it needs serious work and you WILL HATE the car and think its shit

Get it properly checked out

If it does need clutch , cam belt , SS components then by the time its sorted you could have bought autogloss valeting's mint 205

If you go for a look and it doesnt seem right walk away

no wonder st205 prices are in the gutter when people are advertising them for peanuts, even one that needs a bit of work doing to it should still be priced alot more imho

Worst case scenario:

New clutch £550

Cambelt £300?

Total = £3600

but then why not buy one for that kind of money thats had all that work already done???

but then why not buy one for that kind of money thats had all that work already done???

Because you know 100% the work has been done and you know who's done it, plus the work has JUST been done. :)

And it turns a possible 'breaker' into a good car again. :)

Edited by Sawyer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.