Celica starvation in Yorkshire

Rad

Spent a lovely week in and around York (Fri 15th to Fri 22nd) with wife and kids!! pissed down for 5 days. One thing I did notice was a severe lack of Celica's, any I did see didn't have any club stickers visible. Do we have any members from York. I stayed near Stamford Bridge just off the Bridlington road about 8 miles outside York, even went to 'The Deep' at Hull and saw absolutely f**k-all in the way of Celica's. Do I smell or something????? Was using the wife's Mondeo all week so that was fun!!!! :D

Rad

Hi Rad

Hey, just be assured, your Celi' was the coolest car in the 'cinity

('cinity = vicinity for the elder generation)

Would have been assured but I was in the wife's Mondeo.

Rad

hey, hope you enjoyed your time up in my neck of the woods, all i can say is you obviousley was looking in the wrong places lol.

seriousley though we got some lushious celicas in and around york area. unfortunatley all three of ours are all parked up on the drive mon- fri, as work forces us to drive hi-lux's but hey there still Toyota so not to bad .

M I N X :D

hey, hope you enjoyed your time up in my neck of the woods, all i can say is you obviousley was looking in the wrong places lol.

seriousley though we got some lushious celicas in and around york area. unfortunatley all three of ours are all parked up on the drive mon- fri, as work forces us to drive hi-lux's but hey there still Toyota so not to bad .

M I N X :D

Still enjoyed it 'down' your neck of the woods (for me in Cumbria). The A1(M) is in a dire state at the mo - 50mph average speed cams everywhere!! - so decided to go towards Northallerton before getting on it to get to Scotch Corner.

Rad

Sorry, I didn't read the full post

:doh:

That's ok, We didn't have the room in the Celica for 4 of us plus luggage plus everything we bought. Geez the Mondeo was full to the gunnels as it was - with bags etc!! and that's massive.

Rad

Still enjoyed it 'down' your neck of the woods (for me in Cumbria). The A1(M) is in a dire state at the mo - 50mph average speed cams everywhere!! - so decided to go towards Northallerton before getting on it to get to Scotch Corner.

Rad

Tell me about it, I was stuck on it last weekend. Loads of the exits shut off, and 50mph average speed camera everywhere. It's not even a short stretch of road either, seemed to go on forever. Thing is, even with the average speed cameras, I don't think the traffic flow ever got above 40mph :angry:

I'm in the Pickering/Malton area, on the A64 to York daily (work), and Brid road on a sunday ... must have missed you :D There isn't that many of us north of York. Me, Simon (Rillington) and a ice white gen 6 i flyed in Malton. . Have seen a Gen 5 Black recently on A169 ... must have been on holiday, passing through ...

Hellooo

As Martin said, im in York :D but have been darn south since late Thursday night otherwise im sure you would have spotted me at somepoint during the course of the weekend!

Glad you had fun, sorry about the weather though :(

Hellooo

As Martin said, im in York :D but have been darn south since late Thursday night otherwise im sure you would have spotted me at somepoint during the course of the weekend!

Glad you had fun, sorry about the weather though :(

I'm sure I'll be back in Yorkshire sometime. I usually take the kids to different parts of the UK for a week, just depends were we fancy going, last time it was Shropshire (Shrewsbury) but just before I became a Celica owner and CCUK member so didn't take a lot of notice about Celica's

Rad

I'm a yorkshire lad but I don't have the club stickers on the car :sofa:

Get them fired on then!! I'm 38 and have them on - its not just for those in the 20's. Did take a little bit of flak from work mates but put it down to jealousy!! :lol:

Rad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.