Embarrising ... it sounds like i'm strangling a bird (feather variety lol)

The road work guys have been at it again re surfacing the roads, and it sounds like i've flipped a stone into my brakes.

Thought it would flick out again at 80 :tumbleweed: but it didn't. It sounds like a squealling bird... and when i apply the brakes, the squealing stops and the clicking starts... People are backing off (when behind me) thinking a part is gonna drop off Blu ...

Any hints on getting the begger out (without disassembling the caliper and disc system?)

Edited by The Blue Meenie

i have had one stuck between the back plate and the disc in the past , take the wheel off and get a screwdriver between the backplate and the disc to open the gap up a bit ,hopefully it will drop out , might be able to do it with wheels on depending on access

i have had one stuck between the back plate and the disc in the past , take the wheel off and get a screwdriver between the backplate and the disc to open the gap up a bit ,hopefully it will drop out , might be able to do it with wheels on depending on access

Will have a go when i get home tonight :thumbs: Just pity the poor buggers behind me on the A64 tonight lol - my music will be on full blast to drown out the noise!:laugh2:

be careful digging around with that screwdriver you might damage the pads

their not made like they used to be.

worse senerio slacken the top caliper bolt then remove the bottom one and the caliper should lift up

remove rock then reverse the process :D

be careful digging around with that screwdriver you might damage the pads

their not made like they used to be.

worse senerio slacken the top caliper bolt then remove the bottom one and the caliper should lift up

remove rock then reverse the process :D

Looks like the tools are gonna have to come out lol ... was hoping that i could do a couple of driving manouvers to bounce the bugger out lol

I had similar sound ot this, just reached through the spokes in the wheel and pushed the dust shield behind the disc back a bit - sorted.

Not sure whether it was something caught in the gap between the disc and dust shield or the dust shield itself catching on the disc after getting smacked by a big bit of debris. Either way just pushing the dust shield back a bit solved what can only be descibed as a metallic screaching from my hind quarter!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.