Clutch Done but now have a crunch! :(

LeeW

Hey all.

Well had my clutch done, got her back today and I've already got to take her back to the garage!!

First gear is hard to get in and when putting her into reverse she crunches :(

I'm hoping its not the actual clutch messing around. If I put her into reverse with the car off, keep my clutch to the floor and start her up, she starts as she should, no biting or catching. Its just when shes running.

Could this be just adjustment in the gear linkage or something more serious?

The pedal seems fine and no play.

Cheers for reading all.

A concerned lee :/

Edited by LeeW

I was getting a bit of crunch in reverse and 1st until I just had my clutch replaced. Sounds like it definitely needs adjusting to behave that way post that being done.

Edited by KrisSilver

I'm Hoping so as they had the car for two days as it is. Is there anyway of adjusting them though? From what I've read all I can find is adjustment on the pedal for the clutch.

Take it back and get it adjusted. You can buy a polybush gear linkage kit for the gen 6 you may be able to get one for the 7, its not an expensive or hard job to do.

You can get brass gear kit from Se7en.

I Did check them too. One has a little play, where as the other has none. Like I said before though. The gear change was fine before the clutch was done. I wonder if they have stretched a cable or bent something?

got it done at my local garage where I normally take my car. Been going there for a few years now. I must admit he didn't seem to keen on doing it when I asked as apparently there an a**hole to do. I'm taking it back on Monday to hopefully get it sorted. It was some young kid that actually did the work though which is why I'm worried about it.

Annoyed as I trusted him. I might in the end just take it else where and have it re done. The clutch was of e-bay, new and from a fella who just sells clutches. He had positive feed back for thousands so I'm pretty sure its not the clutch that is the problem unless it was put in incorrectly if its able too.

I would of thought its a simple adjustment needed rather than the clutch its self. I bought a £150 Peugeot for a runabout and put a cheap eBay clutch in as well as brakes and pads from eBay and all it fine!

Hopefully you will be all sorted monday, pain in the arse i know!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.