paint prep question

you know what we used to use , you know the buffers they use at schools to shine the floor well the pads come in a circle and you would pop the centre out to fit them to the machine , we used to use them as there rough as arseholes and thick as you like , last ages :D

I don't know why you are wanting to roll it on either...

Are you wanting to change color or just freshen it up?

Masking you want lots of newspaper and making tape. Prepping: fairy liquid and 800 wet and dry it until it is dull. Wash and check there are no shiny patches.

Flash over with new paint, 15 mins between coats max.

Correct any runs and wet and dry 1200. Then 1500 then polish up

My local bodyshop guy used to apply primer with a roller.

His jobs came out fine.

Always wondered if this could be done.

Would a roller not go through much more paint?

if it's going over filled holes and dinks then yes it'll be fine as you'll get a thicker coat on, which you'd then have to sand most of it off again in order to smooth it flat.

I can get a perfectly smooth finish with a brush, but it's still not as perfect as sprayed though, and never will be. The amount of effort required to achieve it is also far greater - paint has to be the percect consistency, brush has to be the right material and new, then the weather has to be just right...

I'd suggest if you already have mint paintwork as described, leave it the hell alone, when it comes to selling your car again, No one with half a brain cell will look at ypur brush and roller paint job and hand over any money for it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.