New state of the art police speeding van in North Yorks

oh and another point is the government made a recent statement to remove some of the totalitarian shit that labour imposed , included in this was a relaxation on the stranglehold the public is under by the police , speeding was ementioned as something that should be relaxed , nice to see government guidelines being ignored

Bad times! I live in York and work in Elvington so I'd better watch my ass! :S

I'm currently watching my ass.. front back and sides... the buggers keep moving lol... They're not even keeping to the lay bys.. caught it today with it's bum out of one of the country side roads ... they must be on commission for the most pulls :o

I'm currently watching my ass.. front back and sides... the buggers keep moving lol... They're not even keeping to the lay bys.. caught it today with it's bum out of one of the country side roads ... they must be on commission for the most pulls :o

Yeah, I passed a police car hiding between the hedges on the York ring road. There was no way you could see them until you passed. Seemed like a sneaky trick to me!

Yeah, I passed a police car hiding between the hedges on the York ring road. There was no way you could see them until you passed. Seemed like a sneaky trick to me!

Good thing you saw his stripes... this new van is a pain as it's plain silver... it's just the square black portholes that is giving it away ... sneeky sods :(

I dont get why your all so bothered about these and these sneaky police tactics, if a police car is sitting out in full view, everyone slows down so no one is caugh. If it is hidden everyone that drives at the speed limit is fine (which we all should be) and the idiots that dont because they think they can get away with it are caught. I used to speed until i got caught and now im quite happy to sit at the speed limits so its had a positive effect on me and it either will on the speeders out there or they will lose their license and be off the roads.

I agree these vans should be used in built up areas around schools etc where whey will do more good. the more speeders/drivers on phones/not wearing seatbelts/no tax/no insurance taken off the road the better.

Im sure it would be cheaper to have these cameras on large poles viewing several miles of motorway or dual carridge way at once sending out instant fines to poeple and the police instead of sitting in a van can be out enforcing these fines and making our roads safer. safer roads is a start towards increased speed limits surely

Generally it's not police officers in the speed camera vans. In Scotland they are manned by employees of "The Safety Camera Partnership. I work in Accident, Investigation & Prevention for a trunk road operating company which involves analysing personal injury accidents and considering if there are engineering measures which could be implemented to prevent the accident occurring again. Saying speed is not a major issue in the cause of many accidents (particularly on rural roads) is blowing wind out your arse. On a recent study, 60% of the accidents on a 95 mile route involved single vehicles losing control with no other factors like road condition, fatigue or mechanical failure being a factor. While a single vehicle accident may not involve others, could you cope with having to go out and scrape the remains of some driver off the road every day. Also in rural routes, a single vehicle losing control has a fair chance of hitting other vehicles which means the potential for head on collisions resulting in 120mph impacts. The "speed vans" actually called safety camera vans are a necessary evil because too many of us refuse to take responsibility for our own actions or care what impact our driving behaviour has on other road users. Don't speed then you don't need to worry about the camera vans.

I dont get why your all so bothered about these and these sneaky police tactics, if a police car is sitting out in full view, everyone slows down so no one is caugh. If it is hidden everyone that drives at the speed limit is fine (which we all should be) and the idiots that dont because they think they can get away with it are caught. I used to speed until i got caught and now im quite happy to sit at the speed limits so its had a positive effect on me and it either will on the speeders out there or they will lose their license and be off the roads.

I agree these vans should be used in built up areas around schools etc where whey will do more good. the more speeders/drivers on phones/not wearing seatbelts/no tax/no insurance taken off the road the better.

Im sure it would be cheaper to have these cameras on large poles viewing several miles of motorway or dual carridge way at once sending out instant fines to poeple and the police instead of sitting in a van can be out enforcing these fines and making our roads safer. safer roads is a start towards increased speed limits surely

i hear you brother

problem is this ,

speed has nothing whatsoever to do with safety

i shit you not !!!!!!!!

ok simply put there is no such thing as speeding , theres inappropriate speed which is called being friggin dangerous and is covered via many laws including driving without consideration etc etc , to drive at 60 down some country lane when its covered in snow is dangerous , its the exact same thing , to drive at an inappropriate speed is not speeding but rather than dangerous driving

problem is we have been fed a load of shit over the years and we now believe it or rather some people do , its the idea that to speed is to kill a child , that to travel at a certain speed makes you a speeder , if you think about it for a little while you get a different picture , imagine if you will a quiet road thats a 30 zone but everyone runs at 20 due to the speedbumps and houses/drives/parked cars/kids , some dipshit belts down it at 40 and you see this person , do you say to yourself idiot thats speeding or do you say idiot thats dangerous ? ,,,, i already know its the 2nd

and thats the thing , theres a mindset at work here thats being perpetuated by political assurance ( we reduced accidents etc etc ) and the police mentality ( you will do what your told ), theres also a brainwashing of the public to create an internal mindset of speeding=bad

now mix into this bad of shit the ability's of people to make money our of a situation and your then open to abuse , use the terminology of ``safety`` regardless of it being either complete bollox or just a simply open lie and you then validate the behavior , its for safety isnt it and who would possibly say any different ? think of the children etc etc

so anyway the point is this

wheres the feckin vans outside of every school and every tributary from the schools to the places the kids live ? this is all about safety isnt it ?

wheres the honesty of a cop saying ``your a very stupid bastard and your going to get a fine for this `` at the side of the road after you have been seen being an idiot ?

why fine anyone ? if its for safety why isnt it more than 4 strikes and your out ?

why hide the cameras when its a 100 fold more adventurous to have them on display to remind people to keep it down

why when something like 90% off all accidents have nothing to do with speed then why do the cops keep pissing away our resources on shit like this when people driving like dicks get to go ignored as theres no friggin cops in cars watching people anymore

were being treated like children

Lets assume for 2 mintuies that speed isn't the factor to accidents and that the UK government then remove the speed limit on all motorways. All the money they bring in for catching people breaking THE LAW is then lost. Do you want your taxes increased further? I already work 2 days per week to earn enough to pay the government for the privalege of living in the UK, I'd like to keep the other three for me to earn to choose where and how I live.

People then drive faster, on roads that aren't designed for these increased speed, with worsening road surfaces and safety barriers that can't contain the vehicles travelling at higher speeds. We certainly dont have the money to change any of these three new problems.

We then have some fantastic donation from a random billionaire, you lot will only complain that the Gov then closes all the roads with repair works and improvements. :shrug:

Assuming even that they increase the limits from 60 to 100, on a 20 mile journey you'd only save 8 minutes. On longer jounies it does make more sense, but how often have you over taken a set of slow moving cars, only to ge to the next corner and find someone willing to do 60 in lane 3 and you have to slow down again or break the law and undertake them?

At the end of the day, the law is the law, and if you dont like it, group together, get yourselves voted into the local council and start making a fuss about it. You only need ~1000 people in an urban area to vote for you to get elected. The uk voting population is only 44m and only ~60% actually vote, so 26.4m, and you only need ~35% to get in power, so setup a Facebook page and find yourselves 9.24m friends. :P

:rant2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.