In need of assistance

Morning all!

I've got a BBK that I'd like to fit, but I'm a little bit anxious about doing it all on my own, and am daunted by the whole brake bleeding 'thing'.

I guess I'm looking for someone who's done it before who could help me out, give me some guidance, lend a helping hand.

If you're free this Saturday and fancy helping me out then it'd be very much appreciated.

Ideally you'll be located in the East/North London / Essex area. I can head to you, or you to me.

If you also have some axle stands, and the required tools to install some braided hoses, then that would be very greatly appreciated. Otherwise I'll buy some.

I have a standard socket set/allen keys etc, but nothing in the guise of a torque wrench or spanners which might help get the front brake hoses off.

I can reward you with some beer money and kudos. :D

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by InsolentMinx

cheers James... you are a lil bit further than i'd like to travel :lol:

It shouldn't be too hard, I just don't wanna mess up the installing of the hoses.

If it was just discs and pads then I'd give it a shot on my own, as it should all pretty much be un bolt/bolt on.

It's just the removal of old front hoses and installation of new, coupled with bleeding the brakes... :blush:

I would help, But i too also did not do my brake lines. That's the part i paid someone to do whilst i did the rest of the stuff.

Would love to help :)

Maybe someone at Ace Cafe can do a mobile fitting service. You have 50 people in your pit crew, i am sure we can do it in no time!

haha, not sure the Ace appreciate servicing done in their car park.

Cheers Sam. I was thinking of asking you, but i vaguely recalled you saying that you hadn't done much mechanical stuff to your car.

Ah well... few more days before the weekend for someone to pipe up :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.