DD-Performance intake help please!

Hi guys and girls,

Been looking at getting one of their intakes, they mention two types, one for a trottle body and one for drive by wire.

Now with mine being prefacelift and cable operated throttle plate, im guessing ill require the TB one right??

This one:

http://www.ddperformanceresearch.com/ecommerce/index.php/engine/intake/2zz-ge-long-runner-intake-manifold-2000-2002-celica-gts.html

If so what the hell is a Q45 throttle body?? Who has one or where could i get one!!??!! :shrug: And will it be plug and play??

Any help thanks

Cheers

Matt

Is there not a short runner version of this due to be released? :unsure:

Remember it being mentioned somewhere before that the gains would be better through the shorter runners.

Face lift Celica 2ZZ GE have drive by wire.

In 2003 the Celica received a face lift and the 2ZZ GE was also now equipped with a drive-by-wire (DBW) throttle body in the manual transmission model.

Q45 is the throttle body from a Nissan Maxima (I think, but a larger bore throttle body from a Nissan anyway)

Short Runner is for highly tuned N/A engines primarily those likely to be running Stage 3 cams and with built engines capable of running 9K RPM

No UK models have DBW(Drive-By-Wire) so all UK members will need the cable throttle variant.

Speak to David @ DD Research (Boosted 2.0 on NC.org) whoi will be able to tell you all you need to know. There is a lot of info on the set-up available on the US site if you're genuinely interested.

just reading the info it can be had from them the q45

It says its available seperatly, but doesnt say from them and when i searched their site i couldnt find one.

But is this all i will need you rekon?

Or do i just buy the thing and figure it out when it gets here!!! :lol:

I was told by the guy from DD-Performance that the short one was for fully built boosted engines and that i would only need the one on the site.

SO been googling this throttle body, seems easy enough. then what do i do regarding MAF and air filter? just get a new filter thats 90mm i guess???? I have just PM'd lee (se7en) see what he says.

If was me mate id not bother especially if your going to go 2JZGTE in near future.

No point spending on a item thats going to be of no use when you drop the stright six in there

But it looks preeeedy!! And because i can! :lol:

And no i havent had a chance to ceck out the US forums yet. Have you got any good links or is it just a case of searching?? Cheers.

Just google newcelica.org (cant sort a link at mo) all the info and more is on there weather it baing NA tuning or FI. There a nice bunch, sometimes lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.