Wrapping.

I'm going to give wrapping a go. I saw a video on You Tube which I found quite helpful, the person wrapping made it look so incredibly easy. I'm going to wrap the stereo and gear stick surrounds and if I can successfully do it, I'm going to move on to something else and try other things. Other than Ebay, is there anywhere else where I can buy the wrap? I'm after silver as I think my blue LEDs in my car will look pretty cool on it.

Am I correct in saying you:

Spray adhesive, apply wrap, stretch if you need to and sort of shape in to grooves etc then leave to dry?

If I fail I'm contacting Nix lol.

its not sticking paper onto things dude :lol: the wrap will come with sticky backs already.

you could speak to Rich about getting some off him, try not to go for the cheap stuff as it is pretty thin and probably 1 wont last as long and to wont work as easy

On one of the how to videos someone sprayed what he was wrapping first and then put the vinyl on. Anyway, that still sounds achievable (I hope) to me, I'm going to give it a go if I can find some lol.

Yep, as above, vinyl wrap is applied dry, all you need to do is to give the thing you are wrapping a good clean and de-grease

Then the only tools you need really are a squeegee and a heat gun

And yes i do supply vinyl if anyone wants to buy just the vinyl and have a go at wrapping themselves

Hmmm... so much more you need to know but all depends on the Vinyl you use.

Here's my tip.

Apply dry.

Use alcohol solutions for final clean

steady temp room with no air movement

lots of light

know what direction the fibre grain is

plan where you're going to stretch the vinyl and where the excess is going to go

allow at least 6" extra for handling

Do not wear anything fluffy

wear a mask and head gear if needed

dismantle everything

Useful tools

heat gun

laser temp sensor

felt wrapped squeegee

cotton gloves

micro tweezers

very sharp scalpel

knee pads

depends on what type of vinyl you use. I have heard stories in the past that vinyls where a bitch to clean off and also takes off some skins but vinyls now days had advanced a long way where it's totally reversible without leaving a single trace however can't say that every brand is that good.

Mask to reduce air movement or when you breath. Also reduces condensation settling.

Head gear to stop hair from falling on.

EVERY SPEC of dust shows up if it gets under vinyl. You'll believe it when you see our wrapped cars parked up against other wrapped cars. It the the difference between a pro and an amateurs work.

in case you get your head stuck to the vinyl :unsure::lol:

And that too. :lol:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.