where can i get spray paint from?

hi

looking at respraying my body kit, done a google for paint codes and found that my car is paint code 210 (storm blue/carbon black)

i dont think the paint in halfords do it. and the best price i have found is £21 for 400ml paint and 400ml lacquer double pack.

Halfords will mix you Toyota colour 210 (Black Mica) which is Storm Blue BUT from experience, their made up colour can be a little bit 'hit-and-miss' TBH. I'm guessing that the other price you got is from paints4u and they do have a great match. I've used their paint before and was very happy with the results. Expensive option but better quality.

I found this too, I think the actual paint coat is two different colours, think the base layer is like a green colour, Ill try and get a piccie up, as you can see it in some of the corners in the engine bay.

i have green bits in my engine bay, thought is was part of a bodged repair :)

i think it would be easier and cheaper to get a tin of paint, and use a compressor or something as aerosols are very expensive.

i didnt want to say so i guess i can now

camerapics8004.jpg

£20.80 for half a litre fella , the colour match is perfect , i will simply add a dab of hardener and a decent splash of thinners and bang it through my gun to get a 95% perfect finish , it may seem pricey put its little more than the cost of a tin of spray and a touch up pen but the finish will be miles better , if you can go this route every time

worth trying is the following . . Autopaint,Sutton Oak Drive St Helens WA9 3PH 01744 818 102.400ml custom made aerosol £7 P+P £3.50 and if you order in the morning it will arrive next day.SORRY . . VAT has to go on top but that cone to about £12.50.Hope this helps

i didnt want to say so i guess i can now

camerapics8004.jpg

£20.80 for half a litre fella , the colour match is perfect , i will simply add a dab of hardener and a decent splash of thinners and bang it through my gun to get a 95% perfect finish , it may seem pricey put its little more than the cost of a tin of spray and a touch up pen but the finish will be miles better , if you can go this route every time

ok so say i get the cans of paint. how much will i need? will half a lire do a front bumper, rear bumper and 2 side skirts? how much thinner do i add? (as in say i get 1 litre, after ive thinned it how much will i have?) also whats the hardener for? do you need it?

if i do go down the aerosol route then them custom cans maizey suggested sound ace. im assuming 01744 818 102 is their phone number. do they have an email?

half a litre would easily do you

have a good read of this , its long winded but covers every point , theres lots of stuff that can be ignored or argued over such as a respirator , i either use a mask or do it outdoors moving the item in to dry

http://freespace.virgin.net/tommy.sandham/twopack.htm

the last thing i sprayed was the spliters as in the picture

camerapics5024.jpg

Hi,yep that's their phone number.Think you will find everything you need on www.auto-paint.co.uk . . it's just as easy to speak to them and they are friendly enough.Just want to add that I have no connection to this company.

ok still not quire sure which route to take. looking at primer and lacquer. what type of primer?

http://www.mccormicktools.co.uk/product.php/sn/XUK612

it says:

"Hycote plastic primer has been specially developed to provide a tough, durable base for today's modern automotive surfaces including rigid plastics, fibreglass, metals, etc.

Suitable for use with acrylic or cellulose paint."

what is car paint? acrylic or cellulose?

also this for lacquer:

http://www.mccormicktools.co.uk/product.php/site/froogle/sn/XUK0232

As your quite close to maidstone there is a paint factor in maidstone that supplies bodyshops, I think its called Kent car paint and panels tyland lane sandling maidstone

I've used them plenty of times for aerosols if you take your car down they cam match it to your car! ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.