What mods to do next?

I've come to the point where I'm not sure what to do to the car now.

I'm not looking for anymore power mods as I don't really need them. Coilovers are on my list, but not for a while.

I'm think some decals on the car, but not sure what/where. Some Supercharged decals would be good, but I can't decide on a design.

So peeps, any suggestions on what mods I could do and can be anything?

why not just save the money you'd spend on "cheap" mods and save for the coil overs? seems silly to want something but then spend spare money on other stuff you don't really want as much?

why not just save the money you'd spend on "cheap" mods and save for the coil overs? seems silly to want something but then spend spare money on other stuff you don't really want as much?

I'm hoping to save at the same time as doing other mods. It's not just a case of getting the coilovers, as the reason for them is so that I can push the car on the track. So getting the coilovers, also means getting: Decent Track Tyres & new wheel spacers.

In the grand scheme of it though, vinyl and decals are on the very low end of price for mods, especially compared to what has gone in to the car so far. Its worth putting time in to research/designs if youre going to go down that route though, plenty that can be done and 90% of it will look horrible, need an overall theme and if theres any spare the interior can always have a nice makeover :)

I did get Brendan's point, but I'm looking at least 2 years to save JUST for the coilovers. That's not even including the tyres!

So I'm looking for nice mods that will just improve things. As I'm not after anything performance based, so any mods shouldn't be that expensive.

If I don't get the coilovers, it will save me loads in the future! Less track time, less replacement tyres, less fuel, less servicing, less new brakes. :lol:

Edited by edwardio

Micks interior and seats were damn good.

I am contemplating Meister R coilovers at some point as the Tte springs have been on for over 6years now and the shocks (Oct 2001) are beginning to feel a little wayward.

Mind you se7en and Nthnmunky had a reasonable list of stuff for mine (5mins and the list was up to coilovers, return fuel line, ap bbk, ripping out the divider plate LOL) most of which is already on yours so looks like I will be spending the same time just getting mine closer to yours as it is now.

Micks interior and seats were damn good.

I am contemplating Meister R coilovers at some point as the Tte springs have been on for over 6years now and the shocks (Oct 2001) are beginning to feel a little wayward.

Mind you se7en and Nthnmunky had a reasonable list of stuff for mine (5mins and the list was up to coilovers, return fuel line, ap bbk, ripping out the divider plate LOL) most of which is already on yours so looks like I will be spending the same time just getting mine closer to yours as it is now.

Thanks NJay :thumbs: I'm glad you like them. I have to say I'm very happy with how the seats and stuff have transformed the interior (must re-do the centre console though). I think I may have decided to ditch the rear seats and 'maybe' get a rollcage fitted too. In case I ever have to lend it to Mabbs for a track session hahaha

Nobody ever really 'finishes' their car. There's always something. Lists continually grow and change and develop.

Personally I have to agree that it seems a shame to put off getting coilovers fitted even further purely for a few cosmetic mods. They transform the handling of the car and even if it's just for some 'fast road' use it's a worthwhile mod and I'd have them at the very top of my list if I were you Lee.

Graphics wise though, if you're going that route, you really need a chat with Mook and try to come up with a coherent 'scheme' and work to that.

BTW, FWIW, your car looks fantastic now mate. Those wheels are really doing it justice and the whole thing looks top drawer B)

Instead of modding further why not go through the whole car and see what needs either replacing or repairing, I have looked at mine and Im gonna under guard the underside of the car to prevent any rust and what not, clean up suspension arms and paint and do all the silly boring jobs so the car stays crisp top and bottom, change hoses and little bits and bobs.

I have only seen your car once at blue water so dont know much about you but little things dont need to cost alot and it may put further idea's in your head whilst your doing the boring jobs.

oh and only suttle decals will look good, maybe using the lower part of the car where the fold of the car is infilling it with some sort of cool design, some cars just look to chav when they are all decalled up.

Edited by shocks

Nice and subtle is the way I'd do it. Maybe some cheeky Likwidart on the wings and boot or something. Just "Supercharged" in fancy writing or something?

Not much else needs doing, Lee! Pretty much bang on as it is. :thumbs:

Saw you feverishly polishing her at Japfest, I was the randomer that just said hi in the morning! Haha don't know if you remember, but lovely to see the car in the flesh. :D

Nice and subtle is the way I'd do it. Maybe some cheeky Likwidart on the wings and boot or something. Just "Supercharged" in fancy writing or something?

Not much else needs doing, Lee! Pretty much bang on as it is. :thumbs:

Saw you feverishly polishing her at Japfest, I was the randomer that just said hi in the morning! Haha don't know if you remember, but lovely to see the car in the flesh. :D

Yeah I remember. I did think at the time "that was a bit random!" :lol:

Well I have thought of something to do, but it's going to take a little time to plan & sort out.

I'm keeping it all hush hush & to be honest once its done, no one will know what's been done unless I point it out! :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.