Best double DIN head unit?

Hi everyone, as per the title really, what does anyone regard to be the best 2DIN headunit? I would want touchscreen and perhaps nav. not bothered about bluetooth or anything like that. I've neen lookin at car audio centre but there's so many different ones I just don't have a clue! :unsure: so fire away, not lookin to spend ridiculous money, I've seen some for like £1100+ which I'm not willing to spend, but up to a point money is no object.

Thanks guys and gals :)

The pioneer 3200BT is an amazing unit, and only retails at £400ish, also the 3300bt has just come out at around the same price point (no more or less features), maybe a little cheaper, but it does mean the 3200bt will be out there second hand for a lot less!

Cheers for the replies people, I do quite like the look of the Pioneer ones. Has anyone got a pic of those in a Gen 7 as I would want it to be a nice fitment, I have seen a couple on here that need a lot of work to make em look like a flush fit. How does your JVC fit Tricksta? as the model you recomended looks very nice too. Hmm decisions decisions :rolleyes:

How does your JVC fit Tricksta? as the model you recomended looks very nice too. Hmm decisions decisions :rolleyes:

The jvc brackets need bending so that it will sit further back & flush with the console, but it wasnt a hard job to do at all.

They basically sit like this

Modit.jpg

I have the Toyota infills for the sides, which do work, but don't give the best finish. I do have a proper full Toyota surround to put in place of the infills, which should make the finish look much better.......I just haven't got round to it yet.

DSC00344.jpg

Cheers for the pics and info guys, the Pioneer and JVC both look really good, aarrgh I hate decisions. :angry: lol. Not really sure if I should bother with sat nav, as I wouldn't really use it that much. But we have just got the new Yaris T spirit which comes with touchscreen nav/radio and the nav is pretty cool so can't let my celica have less features than a yaris now can I :rolleyes: Will have to see how much the bank says I can spend>

the front isn't removable on mine, but with the G6 you'd have a hard chance stealing it, its bolted to the car and needs most the trim taking off to get to it, lol

Not sure about the 7, some have removable front thos

The double dins in the 7 fasten into the frame, which is bolted to the console chassis. Whole centre console needs to come off to fit/remove (hence why I've not changed the infills for the surround yet)

The jvc units are definitley top quality & i believe the fascia screen is removable on all the avx & nx ranges ;)

Poineer, good kit, but i don't get what's wrong with CDJs! I know 'em inside out, literally (used to repair them)

Kenwood is worth looking at as a brand, good quality, decent features and normally well priced.

Well, I am quite tempted by this one, I'm pretty sure I'm going Pioneer now so its either this one or the 3200BT/3300BT with extra nav, but this one has it all built in. so guess I will have to find some pennies. :rolleyes:

http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avic-f910bt_p-24795.htm

Any opinions gratefully received! :D

Poineer, good kit, but i don't get what's wrong with CDJs! I know 'em inside out, literally (used to repair them)

Kenwood is worth looking at as a brand, good quality, decent features and normally well priced.

Made with left over bits of washing machines and sold at an EXTREME premium. Plus having something tell you the BPM of a track is cheating! And the pitch moving in digital increments is pants, plus they're 'industry standard' for all the wrong reasons, blanket marketing works haha. Vinyl for life, or save yourself a shit load and get Traktor/Serato.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.