More damage to celicas....

Thank you :)

(i'm going to get told off soon)

Oh yeah, back on topic. Great spray job there, Id never have the guts to go near my own car with a spray can (and I really need to) let alone put a spray can near anybody elses.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, back on topic. Great spray job there, Id never have the guts to go near my own car with a spray can (and I really need to) let alone put a spray can near anybody elses.

Its not my car!!! :hysterical::P

Im quite confident, i have done some spraying of parts before, but never a pannel, it's not too different.

All good in the end, will get final polished shots tomorrow. :thumbs:

And really ghoulscout, keep up with the program!!!! :P

Its not my car!!! :hysterical::P

Im quite confident, i have done some spraying of parts before, but never a pannel, it's not too different.

All good in the end, will get final polished shots tomorrow. :thumbs:

And really ghoulscout, keep up with the program!!!! :P

Thats what I meen, Id be even more scared of spraying a car that wasnt mine, at least if it was mine and I screwed it up it would just be myself Im peeing off.

I do try but Im on the Isle of Wight remember, we are 2 months behind portsmouth. :lol:

Thats what I meen, Id be even more scared of spraying a car that wasnt mine, at least if it was mine and I screwed it up it would just be myself Im peeing off.

I do try but Im on the Isle of Wight remember, we are 2 months behind portsmouth. :lol:

Haha, i know a few islanders, "special Friends" haha. :hysterical:

job well done.

If it still feels rough when you brigh it with your fingers, I'd suggest you polish it with some 3m paste.

Something like this i was going to use

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_804707_langId_-1_categoryId_165682

after a rub down with some 2500 grit. then polish with the above and my dads electric polish machine, then some Meguires crystal polish. then some Megs wax.

Machine G3'd the megs polish and carnuba waxed.

49166548.jpg

My car in the reflection. :D

217ab692.jpg

None to shabby!! Back is fucking killing me after all the polishing. And all the sanding and spraying of her splitter too!! But thats being revealed till rising sun!! :P

how does it look from a full on back view? kinda looks like in the 2nd picture it needs more lacquer

It looks fine to be honest, but there is a bit from just before the fog light to under the first two digits of the numberplate where i cant get it to shine, this was the area i was doing the overspray to try to blend in. So how do i get it to shine properly? add more lacquer, or keep polishing, if i add more lacqure where does it stop, i dont want onother line to try to blend in!! :rolleyes: !!!!

I've never used that stuff from Halfods but it looks like it did the job.

Get your self a DA in future and it'll only take seconds without the back busting ache. :lol:

The G3 paint renovator was quite good, i used it with a halfords electric polishing machine. Then machine polished with meguires crystal polish then som meguires carnuba wax. it looks fine. but that slightly dull patch will a;ways haunt me!! The repair looks mint, but that damn dull bit is pissing me off!! But i think for now i will leave it as it is!! I have her lip to do, then repair and respray mine before Rising Sun.

Also, what is a DA??!! :shrug:

The G3 paint renovator was quite good, i used it with a halfords electric polishing machine. Then machine polished with meguires crystal polish then som meguires carnuba wax. it looks fine. but that slightly dull patch will a;ways haunt me!! The repair looks mint, but that damn dull bit is pissing me off!! But i think for now i will leave it as it is!! I have her lip to do, then repair and respray mine before Rising Sun.

Also, what is a DA??!! :shrug:

Dual Action polisher (I think).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.