possible e-bay scam

mani

hi peeps, i got home tonight to find i have a package waiting for me, good!! i thought, must be my new mods, picked the package up, but was too light....hhhhmmmm i thought, what could it be, opened it up and 2 blackberry cases, i have never owned a blackberry, so was well surprised, there was also an invoice for £20 in it. i thought...SHIT!!!!!! my e-bay account must have been hacked, invoice is dated 18 march, logged onto my bank account, no unfamiliar transactions, logged onto my e-bay, no recent purchases, then i looked at the package again and on the address it only has my first name, not my full name. on all my postal details, i always give my full name, also it was delivered to my home address, i always have stuff delivered to my work address so i dont have to queue at the PO. them i thought i'd do the right thing and contact the seller as there is an item number on it. but then i thought what if its a scam to hace my account....stupid ??? dont know. the seller is a power seller with 10s of 1000s of feed back. dont wanna risk getting my account hacked, but do want to find out how that seller managed to post 2 cases for £20 to me when i never knew abt the seller before......

WHAT DO I DO ????

I had a similar experience a few montha ago, got a Gaggia Espresso coffee maker sent to me with a note in it from an ebay member thanking me for my winning bid. They go for over £100, and I'd never bid for one. I tried to contact the seller but have never had a reply and he/she seems to have disappeared from Ebay. To this day I don't know how he/she got my address, and the coffee maker is still sitting in my garage gathering dust!

I had a similar experience a few montha ago, got a Gaggia Espresso coffee maker sent to me with a note in it from an ebay member thanking me for my winning bid. They go for over £100, and I'd never bid for one. I tried to contact the seller but have never had a reply and he/she seems to have disappeared from Ebay. To this day I don't know how he/she got my address, and the coffee maker is still sitting in my garage gathering dust!

£20 + delivery? My bird really wants one!

£20 + delivery? My bird really wants one!

Whereabouts are you? I have to be in London on 11 April so if you're within a reasonable distance I could drop it off.

Edited by Gen6GT

That's happened to me before when I've bought goods from a seller and they've mixed up the order, have you bought anything from this seller before?

never before

gonna ring ebay now

I received £700's worth of TVR parts from ebay I never ordered. emailed the seller, and they never replied to me. Even had the invoice in there to some guy in Yorkshire. I sold them on ebay. :lol:

the invoice not have the chaps Address on? I'd feel a bit shitty selling £700 worth of someone elses hard earned on ebay....

It did, and I told the company it's here waiting to be collected to be sent to the guy, I even emailed him and said if yoy're waiting for your stuff it's here. I left it 2 weeks al lwrapped back up and ready to be collected but no one showed, and no one emailed me back. To be fair it wasn't very high quality stuff, I'd have been very peaved if I'd paid the £700 for it. Obviously they don't have very good dispatch staff or customer service team either!

On a different note I ordered £700 worth of TVR bits and they never turned up, I contacted the seller and they told me to piss off as they had been delivered and signed for :angry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

I ordered a gorgeous red GT4 with projectors and leather interior. Never showed up!

:lol:

called e-bay they siad they'll call me back, i really wanna find out how this guy got my postal details as i never bought from the guy.......ever

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.